Don't know what do ... Summer 2025

I need some advice or guidance regarding what to do when it comes to a job search. I'm currently going into my third year at a canadian semi-target with a mid gpa (3.5). I don't have much experience besides working at a search fund (looked at a few companies/deals) but never went into the process of a live deal + i had a small role in my school's finance club.

The path I see most peers taking is going to a search fund then into an IB boutique but i've never had an interest working in ib. A lot of recruitment has already finished but posting's will continue rolling into the fall for summer 25. Atp, should I just apply to whatever I see being posted and prepare for interviews the best I can? I also don't mind delaying grad to do an off-cycle internship but i at the very least would like something for next summer.

Region
2 Comments
 

Impedit labore autem corrupti ut odit. Dicta fugiat nihil ut est ut cumque non accusamus. Eligendi aliquid voluptatem placeat asperiores minima.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”