2018 WSO Member of the year Nominations

Update Jan 18 - poll is up: https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/polls/who-is-the-…

Previous winners include: @Lloyd BIankfein", @fear the bulge", @Dingdong08", @DickFuld" , @BlackHat" , and @IlliniProgrammer"

Vote totals from previous years:

thebrofessor is the real Leonardo DiCaprio of WSO nominations. Hope he wins it this year

Just had my trade dispute rejected by Schwab for a loss of 35k. This single issue alone should be a gigantic red flag to anyone who trades on their platform. If they have a system error, and you do not video record your trading (they actually said this), they will not honour their fuck up. Switching everything away from them. Fuck this company.

InfoDominatrix:
DickFuld

thebrofessor

APAE

And I had thebrofessor on my list before his vote for me... I'm very flattered at the mention!

2/3 ain’t bad. Recommending me was a horrible idea though. I had nothing of substance other than random punches to the dick of some participants and rarely anything funny, for that matter. Like my boner strength and angle, my best WSO days are behind me.

I would vote for InfoDominatrix , thebrofessor , or APAE All are solid choices. APAE is a bit stuffy, but is knowledgeable. Brofessor seems like a good dude with a good balance of good content and humor. IDom has also had some good content and humor, with an added twist of deviant sexuality (if I remember correctly about the extra sex partners outside of marriage.........anyway, count me in).

For me, I choose the Goldilocks that is the Brofessor, unless InfoDominatrix is DTF a middle-aged bald guy (besides her husband).

We lacked good trolls this year, outside of the regulars like @TNA" and IlliniProgrammer

Although, in thinking more about it, I may change my vote for IlliniProgrammer for his somewhat surprising announcement that his rusty Honda was actually a pink elephant rusty Honda. I actually thought it added some perspective to his comments this year, which were better than usual and better than just pure personal finance or hard core quant commentary. Kind of an interesting twist.

(Yes, I’m bombed in case you had any doubt. Yay Bombay!!!)

Only here on WSO could a gal get monkey shit thrown at her for showing some dick(fuld) love, LOL.

My choices still stand...my 3 cover the bases of worldly, funny and smart.

I like seeing the more mature guys here trying to show the younger generation of guys the ropes and I also enjoy observing the well-applied crotch punch...reminds me of Mark Harmon's silver fox Agent Gibbs on TV's "NCIS" smacking the back of the skull of younger Agent DeNunzio whenever he needed a re-set. :)

Thank you guys very much.

I think fondly of Layne Staley and brotherbear as the other Musketeers, add them.

AndyLouis, is it possible to make two categories? Member of the Year and Comic of the Year?

We talked about this pretty heavily in thebrofessor's thread "Is WSO Serving Its Purpose Still?" There's a dichotomy where some people are around for super casual chat and others for more substantive conversations. It wouldn't be bad if the WSO Grammys reflected that.

I am permanently behind on PMs, it's not personal.

A lot of strong contributions from some very successful guys out here. First year contributing and I have to say I hope either APAE or brotherbear win it. They may not post the most but every single time they do they're comments are the ones edged in green. Kudos to you both!

I appreciate the votes, but genuinely think APAE deserves the nod.

After all, I compose about half of my posts while inebriated and/or high so I have something to focus on instead of a spinning room. I find my posts just as elucidating as most of you if I ever reread them given I don't remember writing them in the first place.

APAE's posts are more consistently coherent and have the added benefit of not having to wade through the white water of my drunken stream of consciousness.

brotherbear:
After all, I compose about half of my posts while inebriated and/or high so I have something to focus on instead of a spinning room.

![https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-25-2015/VaVgNE.gif][https://i.makeagif…]

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

In response to a thread titled "Consequences After Being Caught Cheating"

DidntReadAnything:
Make sure you never leave any high-quality clothes at their place because you won't be getting it back.

OP, of course, had explained he was caught cheating on a school project. One of my favorite comments of the year.

Sunt qui accusamus debitis non ad. Ad sit et ipsam voluptas. Ipsa laudantium quam dolorem officia at qui.

Unde eum autem commodi iusto quaerat blanditiis voluptatem. Nam similique et fugiat quo quia et ut. Cum qui alias neque repudiandae ipsa ut vitae laboriosam.

Nesciunt quidem voluptatibus voluptatem beatae quia aut. Voluptatem corrupti et aut quo.

Tempore rerum ipsam assumenda ut corrupti voluptas. Quia fugit commodi laborum perferendis sequi rerum. Provident suscipit impedit enim tempora minus et. Quis sed sequi aut.

heister: Look at all these wannabe richies hating on an expensive salad. https://arthuxtable.com/

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”