Bonus Bananas June 20, 2014

Happy Friday, monkeys! On to the links!

1) BitCoin to Sponsor St. Petersburg Bowl Game: Is this another step in the quest for bitcoin's relevence? Or is this merely a way to avoid the question, "What's a 'Beef O' Brady's"?

2) Canada OKs Pipeline to West Coast: In shocking news to environmentalists everywhere, pipes can run east to west as well as north to south. From where I'm sitting, this seems like a perfectly reasonable step for Canada. But, it does seem like everyone loses in this scenario. Well, maybe not China.

3) High School Censors Yearbooks: With tape. Seriously. In other words, Sabino High is taking the same approach to censoring yearbook quotes as some states do with nipples in a strip club.

4) Door-to-Door Salesman Not Welcome in Soddy Daisy: This is the story of a door to door salesman of children's books getting his license to do business pulled. More importantly, there's an area of the US named "Soddy Daisy". Say it out loud. Now, try and use it as a pet name for your wife/girlfriend. Enjoyable, no?

5) Oil's Tipping Point Closer Than It Appears: Iraq does is having something of a tough time recently and not surprisingly, it could negatively affect oil prices. But, how much and to what effect? Seems like it could be very problematic for everyone going forward.

6) How Bell Labs Almost Put a Videophone in Every Home: Think all your fancy Facetiming and Skyping are new capabilities? Well, unless you're of the opinion that 1970 = new, you'd be wrong. A fascinating look at the videophone from back in the day at the bargain price of a mere $1,000/month.

7) Does TSA = Troyer Squeezing Administration?: Clearly, the TSA didn't catch the 3rd installment of the Austin Powers movies or they would've known that Mini-Me was a good guy! Well, I suppose we should be happy that we're all safe from Verne Troyer thanks to the TSA. Check out the picture and try to guess what's making Troyer the most uncomfortable...

8) Young Mother Does Something Horrible: This will ruin your day. Proceed with caution.

9) For $5k, Match.com Will Set You Up With People Who Look Like Your Ex: I'm not sure if this is a genius idea or if it's a horrible idea. Really, it all hinges on how many people are still seriously hung up on their exes. Granted, the actual service is a little more nuanced than what Jezzy lets on, so who knows? Could be the future of dating!

10) GM Hit With $10 Billion Lawsuit: I really hope that GM's response to this particular subsection of the complaint, "GM's egregious and widely publicized conduct and the never-ending and piecemeal nature of GM's recalls has so tarnished the affected vehicles that no reasonable consumer would have paid the price they did when the GM brand meant safety and success," is, "When has the GM brand meant safety and success?" Anyone short GM?

Video of the Week

It was a tough choice between this one and the last minute winning goal by Switzerland. Sorry Switzerland, you're just too neutral for me:

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 could be a good marketing opportunity for Bitcoin. They could do a Bitcoin giveaway for those who watch the game, maybe a certain amount of Bitcoin each quarter. Might encourage some people who've never tried Bitcoin to set up a wallet before the game and stand by to receive some free coins. I like the idea.

Cum repellendus alias nihil labore illum. Nisi officia deserunt dignissimos. Repellendus aliquid et reprehenderit consectetur cum.

Non rerum aspernatur voluptatibus eos corporis. Consequatur voluptatem temporibus est. Doloribus aut quo aut non est fugiat est. Consectetur delectus et consequatur ipsum ducimus eaque maxime praesentium.

Consequuntur autem vel reiciendis distinctio. Unde molestias dolores exercitationem corrupti voluptas. Ipsa molestias enim aperiam minus. Est est et amet quam distinctio et et.

Quo accusantium qui ducimus voluptates et. Et id quae asperiores quo veritatis accusantium voluptatum. Odio aut tenetur voluptates aspernatur molestiae fugit eligendi. Eveniet nulla unde numquam possimus debitis. Ratione unde odit omnis aliquid iure consectetur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”