Freight broker -100k

24 yr old male - working for a logistics company in a lcol midwestern city and am on pace to make 100k (possibly more) in my first year of sales. Very conceivable that if I stuck with it i could be making 3 -400k in a few years. Good wlb but the job just isn’t fulfilling to me and I feel like I’m wasting my life away. I have no experience in finance or any other industries.

Any advice as far as where I can go from here career wise would be appreciated. (Getting a hobby isn’t a solution - I have plenty and I need a true career that I can dedicate myself to)

I'd keep that job. if youre looking for fulfilment in finance, id advise against it... most of what we do is pushing papers, moving money around, and enriching other people. even sales in finance would is not eat what you kill, you'd be pinned down with bureaucracy, regulation, and having to compete with 10/10 smokeshows.

Most Helpful
guest97

I can't - need something to accomplish and work towards besides money

I'm not really sure you're on the right forum for finding that lol. A lot of us work in finance because we like making money to support our passions and hobbies that are not income-generating. If your hours are reasonable you could consider finding a way to volunteer. Working with at-risk youths for example. But if you want a fulfilling career personally I would stick it out for a few years, set aside enough money that you can live off of investments, and then get a more altruistic job that will inevitably pay less.

Please stay in your job. If you’re not convinced, network with some of the finance people in your company and see how long they work and the variable hours with pay that maybe matches yours and will most likely lag your earnings potential. You’re thinking the grass is greener on the other side when it’s not. 

Array

Beatae sint et error iure. Voluptas veniam sequi delectus voluptate. Vitae veritatis eligendi est.

Quae labore facere officia incidunt. Nihil quas enim et minus architecto tempore error perferendis. Labore tempora enim vitae quaerat asperiores non. Repellat voluptas omnis eius accusamus ut.

Atque ut eius ea expedita aut voluptas sunt. Repellendus quam alias totam. Vero odit id et corporis.

Praesentium voluptatem consequuntur blanditiis dolorem maxime. Inventore ut nisi dolorem ratione maiores qui esse quaerat. Velit illo qui corrupti.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”