iPad vs. Surface for notetaking?
I'd like the group's advice on choosing 2nd hand tablet for note-taking, and get your advice choosing between an iPad and Surface. My wife is preparing for exams, and taking notes on LOTS of thick books.
- ipad Pencil has low battery life. 2 hours of use between charge is not sufficient for this use
- recharging Pencil 1 on ipad requires plugging the tip into the tablet, which seems like a design flaw, with a broken-pencil disaster in the making
- Apple always makes the best hardware, which lasts the longest
- Too many flavors and choices of Surface out there in order to make a clear comparison. There's the Go, Pro, Surface 3,4.... I'm lost, especially since this is just for note-taking
- battery life on ipads seems better
- for side-loading docs and files or using a mouse, seems Surface is better because of the ports
What else can you guys advise?