$24,000 per year in Dubai

Is it possible to live in USD 2,000 per month in Dubai? Expecting an exceptional opportunity with a family office but they pay their Analysts very poorly. Any insights will be super helpful. Thanks!

I feel the same but they made it very clear that they can get local talent at that rate. Only reason I'm considering them is because they are a very prominent family office and I think the fact that they invest in all asset classes would be a rich experience.

what is the range of capital you'd be working with? idk your background, but i feel like you can find good ops here in the US... Know your worth, king. Doesn't sound like they'd value you.. If you're bringing US talent, you should be paid at least US wage. No color on the bonus structure either?

Go all the way

Lmao, once again an example of the Oil Kings hiring slave labour from India

Most Helpful

Arabs in Dubai are disgustingly racist and known for using what amounts to slave labor by paying people of your ethnic background (Asian/African/Indian) next to nothing. Don't do it. Fuck those people and their oil money. 

That pay is ridiculously low. 

Another thing to consider, and this is a generalization from people I know with close contacts there, is that the structures at the firms tend to be extremely hierarchical. The development opportunities are limited, you speak when it is your turn, you do the tasks you are asked, you don’t have a voice until you become more senior and that rarely happens with people outside the inner circle. So you are risking a lot in terms of career growth. 

When I first read the title, I thought you were asking if 24k USD in rent in Dubai would be low. And my answer to that would be yes. It won't get you far in Dubai. The thought of someone living on 24k USD is appalling. Decline the offer and look for something else.

For reference, my dad used to work in Dubai and the housing allowance was c. 6-8k USD/month for the expats.

I don't know... Yeah. Almost definitely yes.

Consequatur reprehenderit laborum voluptatem sint ratione est. Voluptatem sit modi doloremque rerum. Doloremque odit nisi aut a quod nihil.

...and the Truth shall set you free

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (91) $281
  • 2nd Year Associate (206) $266
  • 1st Year Associate (387) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (314) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”