Anyone regret LMM/MM?
I accepted a PE offer at a shop that I feel like is somewhat no-name, less than <$1Bn in AUm, partners aren't as flashy, etc. Based on my IB group/grades/school and other places I was interviewing I feel like I could've done "better" if I waited and kept interviewing for more UMM/larger name MM firms. Ever since I accepted the offer, I've been thinking about whether I've limited myself too early, cut myself off from ever going to HBS/GSB, not reaching my full earnings potential, etc. On the other side, I try to remind myself why I accepted the offer: my #1 choice in geography where there isn't a lot of other PE shops, somewhat manageable hours (at least better than the hell that is IB hours), not having to continue on the grind of recruiting, etc.
Has anyone been in this situation? How did it end up? Anyone regret going to a smaller shop?