Monday @Mentions April 21, 2014

I'm filling in for Eddie over the next month while he's off. Enjoy!

Thread of the Week:

Hands down the discussion thread of the week was Will You Buy Your Fiance a Diamond Ring? by blogging intern @"JrTrader". The post brought in 220+ comments, was picked up by Business Insider, a few sb's for the effort, and 29 likes on facebook.

Comment of the Week:

@"Marcus_Halberstram" had the Comment of the Week this week on the thread bain capital vs. apollo, when asked to compare the two, his comment "They both often invest in semi-distressed companies, the only difference is that in Apollo's case, its intentional." earned him 9 Silver Bananas.

Caption Contest Winner:

This week's Caption Contest winner is @"AcctNerd" with 11 SB's for his comment on the HBS gentleman and their sweaters. Congratulations you'll get a pm about your free WSO shirt soon. Ideas for an image you'd like to see in the caption contest? PM me.

Guidance Counselors:

Both @"BOTT1702" & @"valueisoverrated" had very helpful Q&A threads this past week, thanks guys!

Q&A: Credit Analyst at +$5B Distressed Shop

Q&A I'm an Agricultural Commodities Trader

Do you want to do your own Q&A? Email me: [email protected]

Most Active Monkeys:
1. @"AcctNerd" 192, 2. @"WallStreetPlayboys" 94, and 3. @"valueisoverrated" with 72

See where you rank here.

New WSO Certified Users:

I wanted to take the space here to thank and congratulate the new Certified Users from the past week. Welcome to the club. Some of these are new members, but all have confirmed that they work in the indicated industry at the level selected on their profile. All Certified Users have a yellow star next to their usernames when posting in the forums, so you all know which sources you can trust the most. As WSO Certified Users, they get i) 3 months free to the WSO Job Board ($45 Value), ii) access to the private Certified User chat room to network with other professionals (priceless) and iii) a free ticket to attend the 2014 WSO Annual Conference in New York on June 28 ($200 Value!). Without further ado:

Investment Banking
@speedmerchant - Generalist - Business School

Sales & Trading
@blender

Consulting
@Hassan Malik - Director

Commercial Banking
@B2Banker - 1st Year Analyst

Are you a working professional and you're interested in joining the WSO Certified User club? E-mail [email protected] and [email protected] your username and send a link to your LinkedIn profile.

Dolorum omnis et voluptatum est. Explicabo id et omnis modi. Eos ut aut aut occaecati repellat explicabo. Reiciendis molestias et molestiae quis id. Consequuntur repudiandae eum ut sapiente deleniti magnam. Praesentium qui est fuga laborum repudiandae unde.

Metal. Music. Life. www.headofmetal.com

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (90) $280
  • 2nd Year Associate (204) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (387) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (314) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”