Lintern32:
Hi theGodfather, will be having an interview for the Paris office and would appreciate any insights from your experience. Thanks for your help!

Classic PE:

How to estimate Revenue and EBITDA of an airline company

3 scenarios: Prices up = 10% increase in Revenues More flights= 10% increase in Rev. More passengers= 10% increase in Rev.

Which scenario is less impactful on ebitda

I'm trying to think through this one. I guess what the question is asking is which scenario has the biggest impact on costs. You would have to take into account the fact that airlines have high operating leverage and the nature of which costs are fixed and which are variable etc.

Prices up = 10% increase in revenues: would have no impact on costs and drop straight through to EBITDA, making it the most impactful

More passengers = 10% increase in revenue: assuming no change in the number of flights (i.e. more passengers purely = higher seat capacity utilisation), this scenario would lead to slightly higher fuel costs (due to the higher takeoff weight of the aircraft). Fuel costs are a variable cost. This would likely have middle degree of impact on EBITDA

More flights = 10% increase in revenue: this would lead to higher fuel costs per above (but likely have an even greater effect, since you are adding whole new flights rather than making pre-existing ones heavier) but also increase the airline's proportion of fixed costs in the form of landing slot/parking costs. This would likely have the last impact on EBITDA

Is this correct? Could someone please opine/let me know if I am thinking about this correctly? Would be much appreciated!

Most Helpful

I'm sorry to say that I'm not actually contributing anything super valuable to this thread, I only dropped in to say that seeing the words Rothschild Merchant Banking in writing is just such an incredibly fucking imperial string of words. They convey an implication of dominance and power that transcends capital. I want these words attached to my name.

“Millionaires don't use astrology, billionaires do”

FAPI is Rothschild's European PE Arm. FACP is their new American PE arm (halfway through fund 1). LMM. Healthcare / Software and web enabled services. Pretty sure FACP only takes associates though. Growing. Cross-border deals as well. Rothschild Merchant Bank is full of ex-DLJers.

Quisquam laborum minima quas omnis. Est dolor aliquam consequatur nihil neque. Recusandae libero non et nulla.

Maiores aut voluptatibus debitis corporis. Nulla nemo deleniti commodi dolorem reiciendis. Et nobis sed soluta eum.

A sed et et dicta rerum molestias. Ut deleniti sapiente laudantium. Velit sequi illum quaerat officiis eum. Cum rerum assumenda et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

May 2024 Private Equity

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

May 2024 Private Equity

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

May 2024 Private Equity

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (91) $281
  • 2nd Year Associate (206) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (389) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (316) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”