Silversmith Analyst Comp - 2023
I keep hearing from people at my school that Silversmith pays >$300k at the 1st year analyst level. I find it hard to believe since its growth equity and in Boston, so wanted to see if anyone had any clarity on this? From what I heard its more or less guranteed because a team-based sourcing bonus structure?
Pretty insane if true, can anyone confirm?
Edit: wanted to clarify I'm referring to this team-based bonus structure, meaning analysts wouldn't have to even source a deal to clear $300k
bump
$300k+ is not unheard of for analysts in growth equity who successfully source. Much of it may be in the form of phantom equity in the portfolio company.
Yes i'm aware >300k is not unheard off, but I've never heard of it being almost guranteed. From I've heard, the entire investment team gets a bonus, whenever a deal is done. So unlike shops like insight where one analyst might get a $50k sourcing bonus for sourcing a $50m deal, it sounded like at Silversmith you wouldn't even need to source a deal to clear 300k. Instead, every investment team member gets an increemntal bonus for each deal done, so like 15 investments * $10k = $150k bonus.
Yes, Silversmith structures junior (analyst to senior associate) bonus based off of firm-wide deals sourced. I was told each new deal is +$20k in total comp of 1st year analysts. so in 2022, when they did 10 deals, the bonus would be 10*$20k, with total comp being base + bonus. I heard the firm is very collaborative sourcing-wise in this sense.
Ullam earum possimus veniam omnis ipsa accusamus sed. Dignissimos similique harum labore tenetur vitae et non fugit. Perferendis deserunt ut est provident consequuntur.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...