Top Tech PE shops in 2022?

My search function is not bringing up much when it comes to the current landscape of Tech PE firms. What does the current market look like in terms of firms with best comp, hours, prestige etc? Which are best for fintech, software, or tech hardware? Which are set up best for the next decade in your opinions? Thanks for the help!

Most Helpful

All around (incl media and hardware) silver lake

tb and vista still kings of enterprise SaaS 

francisco is great UMM PE

insight does growthy stuff and some buyouts 

GA and TA still good for growth buyouts but the latter has particularly diversified 

lots of UMMs have software/tech teams like Berkshire or MDP

siris is good MM tech in NYC

TPG growth is growth buyouts, KKR NGT is more insight-like, Bain has their growth arm, I’m sure there are a few more of these 

Permira is a savvy software investor

I think Genstar does a lot of software too

This is a great list. Agreed that Thoma Bravo and Vista are still kings of enterprise SaaS buyouts.

If you’re more into growth equity in the enterprise SaaS space, I’d actually consider JMI Equity to be top tier and a place to learn a lot. Raising a $2bn+ Fund X and they exclusively do enterprise SaaS growth deals. Hard to find another place that exclusively focuses on software at that scale.

There are some new funds that are bound to make it big in software PE as well. Crosspoint Capital, Golden Gate’s software team spinning out, etc

JMI is a good add and Crosspoint is a good add... will say that.

That reminds me of Vector doing more distressed tech. Then there's ICONIQ for late stage venture capital type tech. But that opens up a whole shoebox of the Dragoneer, Altimeters of the world then you start bleeding into venture so won't start there.

Then in the smaller size often still buyouts you have the Level Equity and Silversmiths of the world. Rubicon TP in Boulder. You have Spectrum although that's more growth than growth buyouts I think. Mainsail is growth buyouts, they're more Level-y or Silversmith-y.

Any more insight on TPG Growth? How well do they do against other growth firms?

Heard performance has been solid, and good friend there has nice WLB - seems like normally logging off at a reasonable time and likes their team (but ofc cranks during live deal - same as anywhere). Heard they will promote through to VP w/o b-school which is a big plus for me too (but also have benefit of TPG->HBS pipeline if u wanna go). Have been thinking about trying to lateral there bc seems pretty great. My hunch based on comments during IPO is that it's a priority to further build out growth platform now that they're public.

In natus aut tempore sit. Sit omnis eaque saepe sit. In iusto voluptatem adipisci ab.

Ad sapiente quo praesentium corporis rerum laborum. Eius aliquid id vero et provident assumenda consequuntur. Id voluptate quo accusantium aut. Et ab quos velit quaerat est et.

Reprehenderit perspiciatis eos sunt itaque ducimus illum soluta minima. Odit reiciendis et sapiente inventore vel magni iusto recusandae. Accusamus et exercitationem nisi voluptates iure repellat.

Dicta necessitatibus velit voluptatibus aliquam officia. Iure animi vero ut quia sapiente laborum. Sit dolorum amet id quos delectus necessitatibus optio.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (90) $280
  • 2nd Year Associate (205) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (387) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (314) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”