Should I switch from IB to RE acquisiton / development?
Hi, I'm currently 4 years into IB (joined out of undergrad) and currently an associate 'm contemplating switching over to a RE acquisiton and development role.. I
From my perspective, the pros and cons for me are:
- I enjoy being entrepreneurial and think that fits better with acq / dev longer term
- Out of roles, I'm most interested in RE
- Not really a pro, but I imagine this is probably the last chance I get to switch roles before locking myself into banking for another couple years (I don't see myself in banking for the long term though)
- Lifestyle is probably better
- "step back" and starting as a fresh associate again
- All in comp is lower by about 45% (this is probably the one I'm hung on most about)
Would really appreciate any advice or if anyone had been in a similar situation of switching from banking or from a different industry.