Developing a Business Plan for 2023 - CRE Brokerage

Has anyone in commercial real estate brokerage put together a business plan for their own business of 1-person or a small team (whether leasing broker, investment sales, etc.)? I heard that the top grossing, superstar brokers in the major markets do this each year and with the year just starting, I am eager to do draft a business plan for my tenant-rep business. For some background, I'm a tenant-rep broker at a large firm, where I focus on office, and in my 3rd year of the business.

Does anyone have a template or sample that they've used in the past that they would be willing to share? 

There are a lot of business planning resources for operating companies, but I would greatly appreciate any direction or assistance since this business plan is specific to a business consisting of 1-person or a small team, and is more similar to a service business, such as consulting. Again, any and all input, direction and/or help is really appreciated! 

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Aliquam distinctio doloremque ea neque sint. Id dolor sed expedita qui consequuntur. Consequatur tenetur repellat quia quo perspiciatis voluptas odit. In iusto maiores reiciendis animi expedita.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”