European Masters Ranking - 2022

It's uni season. So I might as well share what I have gathered.

A little bit about me:I am looking to doing a Masters degree myself and I have talked to a lot of people gained a lot of insight. I also looked into LinkedIn, and WSO. I did some research on my own as well. I have gathered this list here of all the target unis in Europe (excluding UK) that do well for "London recruiting". Please let me know what you think of this and also give me some advice as I am trying to decide which uni I should attend. Money is also an issue for me.Also, I will update this often so let me know if I missed any unis.

Italy:
Bocconi

France:
HEC
ESCP
ESSEC
EDHEC

Sweden:
SSE

Switzerland:
St. Gallen
ETH Zurich
University of Zurich
University of Bern

Spain:
ESADE
IE

Germany:
WHU
Mannheim
LMU
Goethe
TUM
FS

Netherlands:
RSM
Maastricht

Portugal:
Nova SBE

Denmark:
CBS

Austria:
WU

Also, random question, while researching, I found that Investment Bankers in Zurich make almost twice as much than Investment Bankers in London (Numbeo). I understand that the tax is low in CH but my question is why is London more popular than Zurich if Zurich pays more and is also safer?

Hey AdiosPlus, what a lonely thread. I'm here since nobody responded ...so maybe one of these discussions will help:

More suggestions...

I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Top 3 B-School student in France here. Regarding France, I know that the schools you listed in France tend to give pretty generous scholarships/grants to (international) students that get 700+ on their GMAT. Also, you can always get an apprenticeship during your MiM (instead of doing internships) and your company will pay for your whole programme (while also paying you a salary).

Swiss salaries are higher for two reasons: low taxes and extremely high COL. For example, a Big Mac in Switzerland is $6.60 whereas in the rest of the Eurozone it's $4.60 on average. We're only talking about McDonald's here... so imagine the price difference in other services.

Not trying to offend Swiss people or those who love Switzerland with this comment but, London remains the more popular option because it's a 10x more fun place to live in and the dealflow is definitely better

If you match exchange rate, Swiss salaries, Swiss taxes (neuvoo data/calculator), and CoL (numbeo data) you still find that for entry levels Switzerland is pretty much the best deal in Europe at the moment. I think for MD/partner comp Swiss salaries become lower.

The quality of life is also extremely good (high quality of services, beautiful nature, better weather, very good healthcare, low crime rates).

Agreed London is much more fun and open to foreigners anyway. Experience on the job is also better due to more high profile deals. And for senior comp it is probably better than Switzerland.

Omnis porro omnis dolorum voluptate harum iste. Tempora corrupti nesciunt optio optio aut aspernatur dolorum nisi.

Dignissimos quia modi ipsam eos autem suscipit nihil. Inventore nisi sit et saepe accusamus repellat exercitationem. Quod et accusamus libero assumenda facere placeat ut.

Explicabo sit quasi vel qui tempore. Eos numquam error voluptatem ipsa earum officiis consequuntur. Est quisquam inventore accusantium iste nesciunt quo.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”