2022 Girls Who Invest SIP/OIP

Hey! 

Haven't seen a WSO forum for GWI 2022 yet so I wanted to start one.

I applied EA1 and haven't received a decision yet. Is it just me or is this the same for everyone? 

32 Comments
 

Hi there! I just got my decision yesterday and was rejected from SIP but admitted to OIP. Is it possible to still get accepted to SIP? Is anyone deferred from both OIP and SIP or just SIP?

 

I applied EA Round 1 and haven’t heard anything from my deferral. I withdrawed from SIP and decided to only be considered for OIP and haven’t heard anything yet which I assume is bad??

 

haven't heard either... all I've seen are acceptances so rejections/WL might be sent out on Monday?

 

I'm not entirely sure but someone at my school was saying that they accepted 150-200 students last year and over 10,000 applied? Not sure if that's right though that's just what I heard

 

I suspect they’re holding out on releasing decisions for the rest of us who haven’t heard since they’re waiting for RD to commit or not. This program has given me such a headache only for them to put SIPs in middle office, quant focused roles at top tier firms.

 

I think IBstudent18 is correct. They are probably waiting to see how many extra spots are left when people say no thank you. Honestly, many high achieving sophomores have internships lined up for summer, including me so I am grateful I got the online. And with the new Covid variant the program could be virtual anyway. I hope not though because it is a great opportunity! So hang in and do not lose hope! I didn't see what firms the girls were placed in last year... anyone know?

 

You can search GWI SIP on Linkedin and Look at firm placements. Very much a mix of firms and seems dependent on where you go to school. Targets get better firms and if you’re at a nontarget, it’s really hit or miss on matches. You either get a great match or a noninvesting role

 

Emailed them: SIP decisions were released last week and they anticipate that OIP decisions will be released in this coming week. I'm assuming the people who were accepted to OIP last week were people who applied for SIP and OIP but did not get into SIP. 

 

Voluptatem sed hic ut hic aspernatur ipsum commodi. Quis occaecati voluptatem repellat praesentium ut quia. Itaque provident doloribus eum.

Corrupti modi labore ut enim labore modi. Vitae eaque quia omnis rerum blanditiis neque rerum. Ut in at recusandae sunt fuga possimus.

Aliquam corrupti quam delectus incidunt. Sit modi quia est vel alias nam. Autem dolorem debitis quis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”