Optiver SPX Floor Analyst vs Bulge Bracket (Citi, Barc, DB, UBS) S&T
Currently deciding between these two roles, leaning towards the S&T offer but wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts on it. Comp is more or less the same andis in Chicago while the S&T offer is NYC.
Here is the description for the Floor Analyst position:
• Communicate real-time trade information from CBOE’s SPX pit to Optiver’s in-house trading floor in Amsterdam
• Report on Optiver Floor Trader’s decisions and execution
• Analyze and assign importance to floor information queue to enhance Optiver’s trading decisions
• Act as facilitator and intermediary between in-house Trading team and exchange-based Floor Traders
• Coordinate information flow amongst Optiver’s Floor Traders
• Maintain and update S&P Trading team’s visualization and graphics enhancements
• Build skills and trading acumen as a Floor Trader trainee
• Track trading strategies and report on ( ) results
Would you guys take this role over a S&T analyst offer?