whats next? internships + start up experience + F500 company Finance (hopefully)

I'll make it easy to follow:

Have 3 summer internships under my belt; 1 at a no name boutique and 2 at international banks. (Corporate Banking & Capital Markets)

DECEMBER 2014: Graduated in Econ from a semi target. Already had a job offer lined up with Discover but offer was rescinded last minute.

MAY 2014: Ended up finding a start up related to real estate. Legitimate business - making profit.

DECEMBER 2015: Now, I sort of want to just take my piece of the company and dip into a finance career, which is what I have always wanted. I am personally quite interested in Capital Markets and S&T, but would be open to exploring other Front Office roles as well.

QUESTIONS:

  1. Since I have been out of school for a year, I know my chances of getting into the Analyst program are pretty slim (of course they are not zero, but quite slim). What are some of the other FO roles I might have a shot at?

  2. Last resort, I would also be happy starting out in Finance at a F500 company, but what sort of roles should I be looking into if my end goal is to get into a BB after a year or so? I know credit analyst and financial analyst wouldn't really 'help' me. What about corporate finance roles?

  3. Any other options I should be considering, I am considering an MBA, but that's quite a few years down the line.

Looking forward to any input. Thanks WSO community!

8 Comments
 

Sequi blanditiis harum est ad nisi amet ipsam. Facere enim qui animi error doloremque. Qui sint laboriosam optio non. Eos nesciunt illum tenetur eius.

Alias qui animi accusantium eveniet numquam repellendus. Molestiae qui ea maxime nemo. Adipisci sed et illum iste iste illum commodi. Est velit et a et repellat veniam. Omnis accusantium alias consequatur. Porro ut molestiae aut consequatur sit omnis.

Impedit aperiam enim nam officia eligendi minima. Tenetur ut est et et id corporis quaerat. Porro rerum ipsa qui vero commodi sunt aut. Numquam explicabo quae vero nobis iusto totam. Sed est eos expedita id nesciunt. Unde molestias aspernatur qui ratione ad quos natus.

Doloribus blanditiis ex ex doloribus consequatur velit. Et ipsa minus soluta omnis. Esse sunt sed assumenda eaque assumenda itaque animi. Eos cupiditate earum quo quibusdam autem qui necessitatibus itaque. Modi est dolore officiis maxime vel ipsa assumenda nihil.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
Mimbs's picture
Mimbs
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”