Comments (41)

Funniest
Jan 16, 2019
Jan 17, 2019

Don't forget the 2018 OG, @MonacoMonkey

Jan 17, 2019

@theaccountingmajor and @EliteStudent11
for sure
edit: also @Sergioaguero he's had a rough couple of months, yet always asked thot provoking questions

thots and prayers

Jan 17, 2019

@Esuric has never won?! The guy says the funniest things. Must be a conspiracy from the left.

Jan 17, 2019

My thoughts exactly

Jan 17, 2019

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride

Jan 17, 2019

@thebrofessor is the real Leonardo DiCaprio of WSO nominations. Hope he wins it this year

Most Helpful
Jan 17, 2019

"one for the money two for the better green 3 4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine" - M.F. Doom

Jan 17, 2019

No question.

Jan 18, 2019

1+ This man's advise is always top notch.

Jan 17, 2019
Jan 17, 2019

+1 APAE

Jan 17, 2019

This guy ^^^ deserves a nomination as well - Some really good commentary this year

"one for the money two for the better green 3 4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine" - M.F. Doom

Jan 17, 2019

@InfoDominatrix but only if she'll go out with me

in all seriousness she's been a great contributor

Andy, I was serious about @DidntReadAnything and @I'm actually a squirrel

Jan 17, 2019

I'll go out with you, but I don't drop character till I done the DVD commentary.

Jan 17, 2019

+1 for the Tropic Thunder reference!

Jan 17, 2019

Agree! @InfoDominatrix should be honored

Cash and cash equivalents: $138,311
Financial instruments and other inventory positions owned: $448,166

Jan 17, 2019

@DickFuld

@thebrofessor

@APAE

And I had @thebrofessor on my list before his vote for me... I'm very flattered at the mention!

Jan 17, 2019
InfoDominatrix:

@DickFuld

@thebrofessor

@APAE

And I had @thebrofessor on my list before his vote for me... I'm very flattered at the mention!

2/3 ain't bad. Recommending me was a horrible idea though. I had nothing of substance other than random punches to the dick of some participants and rarely anything funny, for that matter. Like my boner strength and angle, my best WSO days are behind me.

I would vote for @InfoDominatrix , @thebrofessor , or @APAE All are solid choices. APAE is a bit stuffy, but is knowledgeable. Brofessor seems like a good dude with a good balance of good content and humor. IDom has also had some good content and humor, with an added twist of deviant sexuality (if I remember correctly about the extra sex partners outside of marriage.........anyway, count me in).

For me, I choose the Goldilocks that is the Brofessor, unless @InfoDominatrix is DTF a middle-aged bald guy (besides her husband).

We lacked good trolls this year, outside of the regulars like @TNA and @IlliniProgrammer

Although, in thinking more about it, I may change my vote for @IlliniProgrammer for his somewhat surprising announcement that his rusty Honda was actually a pink elephant rusty Honda. I actually thought it added some perspective to his comments this year, which were better than usual and better than just pure personal finance or hard core quant commentary. Kind of an interesting twist.

(Yes, I'm bombed in case you had any doubt. Yay Bombay!!!)

Jan 18, 2019

Only here on WSO could a gal get monkey shit thrown at her for showing some dick(fuld) love, LOL.

My choices still stand...my 3 cover the bases of worldly, funny and smart.

I like seeing the more mature guys here trying to show the younger generation of guys the ropes and I also enjoy observing the well-applied crotch punch...reminds me of Mark Harmon's silver fox Agent Gibbs on TV's "NCIS" smacking the back of the skull of younger Agent DeNunzio whenever he needed a re-set. :)

Jan 17, 2019

@BobTheBaker cuz fk everyone else. In all seriousness.... I second @APAE - he should've won this by now. Embarrassing that two trolls (no matter how funny) are the two previous winners.

@Layne Staley also deserves to be on the ballot

Jan 17, 2019
BobTheBaker:

@BobTheBaker cuz fk everyone else.

Seconded

Jan 17, 2019

Thank you guys very much.

I think fondly of @Layne Staley and @brotherbear as the other Musketeers, add them.

@AndyLouis, is it possible to make two categories? Member of the Year and Comic of the Year?

We talked about this pretty heavily in @thebrofessor's thread "Is WSO Serving Its Purpose Still?" There's a dichotomy where some people are around for super casual chat and others for more substantive conversations. It wouldn't be bad if the WSO Grammys reflected that.

Jan 17, 2019
APAE:

@AndyLouis, is it possible to make two categories? Member of the Year and Comic of the Year?

For this alone, APAE should win

Jan 17, 2019
APAE:

I think fondly of @Layne Staley and @brotherbear as the other Musketeers, add them.

threeamigos

APAE:

WSO Grammys

I would attend this in person. Think we can get Justine Tobin as emcee?

Jan 18, 2019

yeah good idea may do two polls, will see how this first one goes.

WSO's COO (Chief Operating Orangutan) | My Linkedin

Jan 17, 2019

@brotherbear 's post on his debauchery wins post of the year and I don't care who disagrees.

Jan 17, 2019

i agree !

Jan 17, 2019

A lot of strong contributions from some very successful guys out here. First year contributing and I have to say I hope either @APAE or @brotherbear win it. They may not post the most but every single time they do they're comments are the ones edged in green. Kudos to you both!

Ty

Jan 17, 2019

@brotherbear or @APAE hands down. I've read several of their contributions several times over. Fantastic voice and great writing / framing of experiences to the greater WSO jungle.

Jan 17, 2019

I'm all for co-winners in @APAE and @brotherbear

Jan 17, 2019

I appreciate the votes, but genuinely think @APAE deserves the nod.

After all, I compose about half of my posts while inebriated and/or high so I have something to focus on instead of a spinning room. I find my posts just as elucidating as most of you if I ever reread them given I don't remember writing them in the first place.

APAE's posts are more consistently coherent and have the added benefit of not having to wade through the white water of my drunken stream of consciousness.

Jan 18, 2019
brotherbear:

After all, I compose about half of my posts while inebriated and/or high so I have something to focus on instead of a spinning room.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-25-2015/VaVgNE.gif

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Jan 20, 2019

@thebrofessor you've got my vote bro.

Jan 18, 2019
Jan 18, 2019

In response to a thread titled "Consequences After Being Caught Cheating"

DidntReadAnything:

Make sure you never leave any high-quality clothes at their place because you won't be getting it back.

OP, of course, had explained he was caught cheating on a school project. One of my favorite comments of the year.

Jan 18, 2019

thanks for your nominations! poll is up https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/polls/who-is-the-2...

Jan 21, 2019

@GoldenCinderblock should win just for posting his insane health/fitness tips including his crockpot full of food compost that he drinks. I dont know if I'll ever forget that

twitter: @CorpFin_Guy

Jan 21, 2019
Comment

heister:

Look at all these wannabe richies hating on an expensive salad.

https://arthuxtable.com/

Jan 22, 2019
Comment