Hey monkeys - I have received a lot of PMs on how to network your way into IB from Big 4 so I thought I would share my path. Here's the high level of my path to IB without disclosing too many details: Non-target - Big 4 audit -
1. Networking like it's your full-time job
2. Having the technicals down - no room for error here
3. Having a story that makes sense
4. Knowing the industry so well that you already sound like you're a banker
5. Perfectly formatted resume with strong experience bullets
If you think you can land a job in IB by applying to a post online - good luck monkeys. I can't stress enough the importance of networking. You have to network with IB professionals by any means necessary. My biggest tool during the process was LinkedIn and referrals from friends and coworkers. When sending cold emails, it's true that you won't get a high response rate, but the few responses you do get are all that you need. Leverage every single connection you make in the industry and don't stop until you break in.
That's a high level summary but feel free to ask away.