I am hoping to get some discussion going on designations that one can work on that may help advance their career. Here are some of my thoughts & questions:
- If you come from a non-target/zero pedigree, is it worth doing a certificate program? IE, UCLA extension, NYU certificate program, eCornell, etc Obviously does not compare to actually attending the masters program in full but looking for thoughts here.
- CFA or CAIA- I haven't seen too many of these but am curious on the consensus here. CFA does not seem super relevant for RE. What about CAIA?
- Argus Cert, LEED Cert, and other designations. Are they a waste of time?
Basically, is there anything worth doing other than networking & going for a masters or MBA in order to further advance your career?
Private Equity Interview Course
- 2,447 questions across 203 private equity funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 mem.
- 9 Detailed LBO Modeling Tests and 15+ hours of video solutions.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring private equity professionals just like you.