I recently got a summeroffer from one of the BBs and accepted it, but just this past weekend, I made a stupid decision and got myself arrested for "doubling up" at a NYC subway turnstile (me and a friend both swiped in with just 1 swipe on his Metrocard - basically the same as jumping a turnstile). Since this is a first time offense, according to the police, what will happen is when we go to court, the judge will give us each a 6-month "adjournment considering dismissal," which basically means that if we don't get arrested for the next 6 months, the charges will be dropped. Unfortunately for me, my 's background check hasn't happened yet (but will happen between now and the summer), and the arrest/charge will almost definitely show up when they run the check, as long as the charge hasn't been dropped. Does anyone have any experience with this/know if this is grounds for my offer being rescinded if it shows up? Should I hire a lawyer to try to get the charge dropped ASAP? Really worried since the offense is classified as a Class A Misdemeanor ("theft of services") and that banks will take it very seriously since it is technically theft.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- At EB Right now. It's already 9pm talked to analyst who told me I'll be working until 2am on average (including today). I've been "reading" the compliance book since 2pm since there's not a lot to do on my first day.
I think I fucked up and chose the wrong...+91 by EUROPETARGET in IB
- "The College Board plans to assign an adversity score to every student who takes the SAT to try to capture their social and economic background, jumping into the debate raging over race and class in college admissions.
This new number, called an adversity score by college admissions...+22 by Max Heiliger in OFF
- Update: Before you throw MS please read this to see where I was coming from when writing this:
Examples of what I meant using sports:
Example 1) "Running is 1 for me because its a solo sport and football last because I don't like contact sports"
Example 2)...+22 by isa2130953 in IB
- Heard from a peer on the street, wondering if anyone could verify? The policy on comp is the one that has me making this post.
1. Seniors are jumping ship like crazy right now
2. It is an absolute sweatshop nowadays for analysts
***3. Any year's bonus must be paid back if you...+21 by champagnepaki in IB
- WSO was a great source for me at the beginning of my career. Figured it is time to give back.
* Graduated from a non-target school with a 3.5 GPA
* Spent 3 years at a BB bank in Leveraged Finance
* Currently, at a value oriented credit hedge fund, investing in...+18 by Value892 in HF
- Tone Garcinia is an unbelievably sound and adjusted weight decrease recipe, which is additionally significant for conditioning your body in a solid and adjusted way. It is produced using common segments and has no reactions. This recipe is created under the supervision of very expert wellbeing...+18 by chahalrc in IB
- Hey all,
This site has been a big help to me over the years and I wanted to see if there's anyone out there I can help by answering some questions.
* Lower/middle class from the southern US, first generation
* Started out at a semi-target in STEM , finished my...+16 by GibbonAwayNow in IB
- Hello fellow Monkeys. I know I don't really post here, but I've been a long-time lurker.
I always thought I wanted to be an investment banker and so did everything I could to get there, but I never listened to my heart.
I'm not cut out for investment banking. I should have...+12 by SheetMonkey777 in IB
- Happy to do an AMA to give back and talk about how I went from a tier 2 consulting shop to UMM/MF PE.
I had **dozens** of at bats for over a year before successfully landing this offer. I interviewed everywhere from VC to sourcing growth to regular growth...+12 by Bubba- in PE
Private Equity Infrastructure Funds, Secondaries and Co-investments
Experience in Institutional Asset Management & Investment Research (Mutual funds)
CFA Completed | European Financial Advisor Charterholder
Excel financial modelling (VBA)
Telecom & Financial Services...+11 by truelondoner in PE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- May21Private Equity Boot Camp -- New York City, 5/21-5/228:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- May21Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Toronto, 5/21-5/238:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- May21Podcast: The appeal of tangible investments -- Alda Dennis -- 5/2112:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- May24Cincinnati Finance Professionals - Happy Hour 8:00 EDT Cincinnati, OH