well if they don't settle do you really think they will shell out cash to have a thrid party look at every fucking mortage they made in the CDO(composed of MBS) evaluated? Blackrock has the means to do so. If they lose the lawsuit and buy back the securities they will still have write downs... then bac has to worry about bank runs i mean who the fuck would have money in bac if they have to shell out 50 bil and keep that shit on there books?

Best Response

Why not look into long dated call options instead? I think BAC is along term play on improving consumer sentiment, continue growth in international markets, and there will be a pickup in home loan generation, as we have the most educated, savviest, and driven generation entering the workforce as we speak. They will be purchasing houses, just a matter or when. So there many divisions will generate sustainable profitability, but there are short term fluctuations in price, as well as pending legal matters which will impact earnings. Its lost about 18% the past week or two and has lagged the marker and sector TYD

In summary, it's a horribly depressed price, has more money on the b/s that it's total market cap, trades below opts p/b value. Go for it!

eyelikecheese:
Why not look into long dated call options instead? I think BAC is along term play on improving consumer sentiment, continue growth in international markets, and there will be a pickup in home loan generation, as we have the most educated, savviest, and driven generation entering the workforce as we speak. They will be purchasing houses, just a matter or when. So there many divisions will generate sustainable profitability, but there are short term fluctuations in price, as well as pending legal matters which will impact earnings. Its lost about 18% the past week or two and has lagged the marker and sector TYD

In summary, it's a horribly depressed price, has more money on the b/s that it's total market cap, trades below opts p/b value. Go for it!

-BAC lost 7 billion
- They are getting in hot water for loan fuck ups - Getting sued by Blackrock, Pimpco, and Federal Reserve NY - in sight by the populist rage known as the democrats

You can stick all your value investing bull shit up your ass

squirtlez:
eyelikecheese:

-BAC lost 7 billion
- They are getting in hot water for loan fuck ups - Getting sued by Blackrock, Pimpco, and Federal Reserve NY - in sight by the populist rage known as the democrats

someone has a big short position

squirtlez:
eyelikecheese:

-BAC lost 7 billion

Not sure if serious. I'm looking at VALUE stocks (read 3-5 year trading horizons MINIMUM), not a quick trade. All that stuff will suck in the short run and is why the stock will continue to get blasted, but I'm wondering if long term prospects will still be good for the stock and if it should eventually do well. I'm asking for a second opinion because I need a financial stock in my portfolio, but I have no clue about all these financial regulations and whatnot and how it will affect banks. All I know is that BAML is a solid brand, it will start building presence internationally, and I think right now its fun to destroy banks, but I believe from my very limited knowledge that BAML should be in the low $20s at some point. If you have info about long-term prospects, then let me know, but in the meantime, please keep spreading fear so that the stock falls lower and I can grab it at even cheaper valuations if I choose to invest in it.

I'm also considering JPM and MS btw, so which one would you all recommend between BAC, JPM, and MS?

Sit sed sit aperiam. Consequatur illo beatae et. Esse ea tempora error.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”