BB 346 vs Signature Suit

I don't have a high level job so I don't need a $1000.00 suit. The BB outlet has the 346 100% wool suit for $275.00, I can get the JAB signature suit for about $200 (plus alterations) and the Signature Gold for about $300.00 (plus alterations) Which one is of better quality. I understand high quality suits, but my budget does not support that right now.

Of the suits you listed, the Signature Gold is likely of the highest quality. It has a bemberg lining, is half-canvassed, and (seems to be) 100% wool.. 300 for a suit of that construction is reasonable imo. I would avoid the 346, because it is clearly polyester, and has a very cheap look and feel imo. So, for 275 + alterations I do not think the BB is a good choice. And I love Brooks Brothers. Just think the 346 line is borderline offensive,

"That dude is so haole, he don't even have any breath left."

SECfinance:
FeelingMean:
I would avoid the 346, because it is clearly polyester, and has a very cheap look and feel imo.

He said it is 100% wool?

Ooops. I was going by experience, I guess they've made some improvements. Nothing was wool when I was in there last (spring?). Either way, I personally think their finish is awful. Reading comprehension is spotty...

FeelingMean:
Of the suits you listed, the Signature Gold is likely of the highest quality. It has a bemberg lining, is half-canvassed, and (seems to be) 100% wool.. 300 for a suit of that construction is reasonable imo. I would avoid the 346, because it is clearly polyester, and has a very cheap look and feel imo. So, for 275 + alterations I do not think the BB is a good choice. And I love Brooks Brothers. Just think the 346 line is borderline offensive,

Everything about this is win. BB has 25% off sale for this weekend only. Otherwise, wait until after Christmas then 40% everything. Don't waste your money on 346.

Here to learn and hopefully pass on some knowledge as well. SB if I helped.

That_Aston:
FeelingMean:

Everything about this is win. BB has 25% off sale for this weekend only. Otherwise, wait until after Christmas then 40% everything. Don't waste your money on 346.

25% for cardholders, 15% for all others... Christmas sale + 25% for opening a card is whats up. Then they send you a $40 off coupon, perfect to knock the three dress shirt deal down the following week.

Both kind of suck. If you only have $300 to spend, use it to buy a suit from a company that specializes in making $300 suits. Brooks Brothers 1818 line is fucking great, but they don't care about making cheap suits. If you specifically buy a suit at the outlet (may not apply to shirts etc), you're just paying for the brand name - you're not gonna get a good deal when it comes to suits

BTbanker:
Indochino
Why is ever person on this site an Indochino advertisement? How much are they paying you all? It is really not the best cheap suit you can find, and I hear you typically have to do multiple returns before they actually get your sizing right. I have never seen anyone in the industry wear Indochino (including interns)

Best Response
gammaovertheta:
BTbanker:
Indochino
Why is ever person on this site an Indochino advertisement? How much are they paying you all? It is really not the best cheap suit you can find, and I hear you typically have to do multiple returns before they actually get your sizing right. I have never seen anyone in the industry wear Indochino (including interns)
I wouldn't take their money. Online MTM suits go against any recommendations a tailor will give you, but you can see the conflict of interest there. I may be lucky, but after 3 weeks, $400, and a perfect fitting suit, it gets more compliments than the $1000 off-the-rack suit my parents bought me. Which was tailored by the way.

BTB is 100% right. Made to measure is great, at least in appearance. Not sure if the suits are canvassed, but the ones I have seen look good enough that it's a moot point. I'm going MTM the next time I need a new suit.

Also, don't overlook second hand. Outside of finance, a lot of people own a suit but rarely wear it (if ever). My best suit is a Canali I picked up on Ebay for $200. It was basically mint condition. You can do much worse if money's an issue.

Nam similique deleniti reprehenderit numquam repellat voluptatem molestiae ipsam. Quos qui assumenda inventore quis aut. Sed culpa deleniti facere voluptatum. Similique necessitatibus veniam nostrum quam illum pariatur delectus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”