I am an analyst in a BB IB who has just accepted a Buy-side role and want to hear your opinions regarding logistics. My specific doubts are:
(1) Is it ok to announce my resignation after the bonus number is announced but before it hits my account? Given that it is a BB, I am thinking that once the number has been cleared with HR, Group Head, etc. and has been communicated to me, they would not modify it following my resignation;
(2) Should I offer to continue "working" for a 1/2 weeks? (Perhaps better to let them decide?)
What are your thoughts? Also, if you have any recommendations on how to handle the resignation, etc., feel free to add!
Investment Banking Interview Course
- 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
- Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.