Hello All -
I am new to the WSO community, and thought I would bounce a question off you all as it seems there is some good insight being shared on this forum.
My question(s) is more general than specific. I am seeking advice on moving from a corporate strategy and development role into PE.
* Has anyone made this transition?
* What was the interview process like?
* Do you know of any specific firms that like to hire from corp strat?
* What would be the ideal way of breaking into PE?
* Top 10 liberal arts college (Econ and Math majors)
* Top 20 MBA
* 2 yrs Big 4 S&O consulting
* 2 yrs corporate strategy senior associate fortune 200 CPG company (present)
I understand similar questions may have been asked, but would appreciate a fresh perspective. One last note, I have made great contacts with several mid-market PEs in my current role (corporate carve-out divestitures), and I certainly know using these contacts will be a great approach, but would like to leverage the insight from anyone on this forum who has made a similar transition.