If I'm not mistaken, buy-sidein the asset/investment management side of the business advising PM's on which securities to buy....and sell-side ER analysts work in the IB side trying to sell securities to the institutional clients?
just a few questions
1) Why would someone do buy side over sell side, or vice versa?
2) I often see 200-page+ research reports published by top-tier IB firms made public on the Internet. Do buy-side analysts write these? Or are they sell-side analysts? or do both types of analysts publish these types of reports?
3) Are the Analysts you read in the WSJ and see on Bloomberg, buy side or sell side analysts?
Investment Banking Interview Course
- 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
- Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.