COVID-19 Impact on SA 2022?

Yes, it's two years away, but I am worried about the impact this Recession will have on 2022 recruiting.

Think about it. There will likely not be a vaccine until mid 2021, meaning the economic downturn will only worsen in the coming months. No V-shaped Recovery is imminent, this will likely be a U-curve. While the virus won't exist come SA 2022, the economic damage will have already been done and the Recovery period will be likely longer than 4 years (Great Recession was 4 and only a portion of COVID-19 economic damage).

Will firms likely decrease SA 2022 hiring because of COVID-19's long-term damage ?

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (11)

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 25, 2020 - 7:58pm

No one here knows, and maybe you should think a little bit more about other people (like the class of '20, '21, and '22, all of who will be affected worse than you) rather than your SA chances two years from now.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 25, 2020 - 8:06pm

Thanks for the reply and valid points.

I thought about the class of 20,21,22.

I think 20 will be fine because they won't be impacted by hiring freezes (assuming they've already secured their job and start this summer).

I also think 21 will be fine because most of their internships have not been cancelled, and only made virtual. Yes, return offers may decline, but I don't think the blunt of the impact will be placed on them (if there is one) because we're at the beginning of this recession and it will likely worsen, causing later classes like 22/23 to suffer from hiring freezes, etc.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 26, 2020 - 10:25am

Are you the guy at the DB post showing massive negative energy bro? shd go and seek some help for ur mental benefit. its okay.

Apr 26, 2020 - 3:27am

If you get an offer for sa 2022 you'll be working full time from 2023-2025. Give me a few minutes to look at my magic 8-ball and I'll get back to you.

Array

Apr 26, 2020 - 7:04am

Quibusdam et est quia sit ea quos numquam. Dolorem cupiditate vitae quas voluptatibus adipisci consequatur dolorem.

Qui asperiores dolorum quia sit. Dignissimos qui reprehenderit nulla et ab voluptatem. Corrupti iure consequatur sed sit qui.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

October 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (39) $363
  • Associates (228) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (137) $154
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (30) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (103) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (499) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (385) $83