Comments (807)

Mar 21, 2020

They had diversity scheduled for April and are likely pushing that back, aka regular recruiting will be pushed back (according to Analysts and Associates)

Array

Mar 21, 2020

Can confirm, I am diversity and they said my interview would be late April to early May for 2021. However, I can imagine that this is being revised bc of the virus.

Array

Mar 22, 2020

did you get it through modernguild?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 21, 2020

I got into the women's program for nyc ib and virtual superday is April 17

Apr 19, 2020

how did it go?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 19, 2020

Didn't end up superdaying. Accepted another offer before.

• Prospect in IB - PubFin
Mar 21, 2020

I can speak with confidence when I say that the first wave of applications will be reviewed within 2.5 weeks with first round interviews mid-april onwards and a superday in early may. All virtual.

• Prospect in IB - PubFin
Mar 21, 2020

This is for non-diversity

• Prospect in IB - CB
Mar 21, 2020

Timeline for the Sophomore SA 21 position NYC?

Apr 22, 2020

wondering this too -- are sophomores' interviews later in summer?

Array

May 15, 2020

last year the sophomore program opened in the mid summer and superdays were in the early fall. -Current CS Sophomore IB intern

Mar 22, 2020

anyone do the online assessment? if so how was it?

• Intern in Consulting
Mar 22, 2020

Haven't heard a peep. Did assessments for IB & Capital Markets

Mar 23, 2020

How were the assessments? what did they consist of?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 24, 2020

Did everyone who applied get invited for virtual assessments?

Mar 24, 2020

Pretty sure yes

Array

Mar 25, 2020

Just got my email today for the virtual assessment. Has anyone taken theirs yet?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 31, 2020

How was the online assessment for you?

Mar 31, 2020

Honestly, I applied to 4 locations so I got 4 emails for the assessment. So I choose Houston the least desirable location for me and give it a practice go. In brief, I don't think it went amazing because I thought I would have 3 other assessments to really try on LMAO. Other than that, it's like an email game where you prioritize responses. Identifying sequences (2, 4, blank, 8) multiple choice. One other SAT like style of questioning that I forget, and then a bunch of qualitative questions.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 25, 2020

any info if the US offices (especially NY) sponsor Canadians ?

Mar 25, 2020

I think it's always a bigger struggle when they have to sponsor your H1B, but if you give them a reason I'm sure they'd have no problem. Purely speculating though.

May 15, 2020

They sponsored a Canadian in my group last summer

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 15, 2020

Thx which office?

• Prospect in S&T - Equities
Mar 25, 2020

applied a few weeks ago, haven't heard back yet. traget. global markets. anyone has any idea why?

Mar 25, 2020

anybody know anything about their equity research timeline?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 31, 2020

Do they invite everyone for the virtual assessment?

Mar 31, 2020

I believe so

Apr 5, 2020

How soon after submitting applications do you expect to receive assessment? for Global Markets

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 5, 2020

I got my assessment within 2 business days. (I had applied for IB)

• Prospect in Other
Apr 5, 2020

also applied to global markets two weeks ago, haven't heard back yet. you?

Apr 5, 2020

Nothing yet no assessment received

• Prospect in S&T - Other
Apr 8, 2020

Does anyone know if pressing the view/edit submission button for the internship (under My Submissions in my CS careers account) will affect the submission? I want to add an updated resume, but I don't want to have to resubmit the application because applications are reviewed on a rolling basis (I don't want to "lose my spot in line" in a sense). Is this even an accurate way of thinking?

Apr 8, 2020

I don't think CS does it on a rolling basis. Talked to a few Analysts and Associates and they all said that diversity is pushed from mid/late April to early/mid May and that non-diversity (OCR and non-core) would be through end of May/June. Wouldn't worry too much about adding an updated application so long as you don't resend the entire application.

Array

• Prospect in 
Apr 9, 2020

• Intern in IB - ECM
Apr 19, 2020

New dates are July 7 - August 21. In person. Full comp promised.

Apr 12, 2020

Bump

Apr 12, 2020

Was wondering if any Non Target + Non Diversity had 1st rounds for IBD.

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 12, 2020

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 12, 2020

False information. Have spoken with individuals at CS involved with recruiting. Originally, diversity was scheduled for late April but was postponed to early/mid May. Rest of recruiting will take place late May/early June, with superdays throughout early summer.

Apr 15, 2020

are applications still open? doesnt come up under job search on the website

Array

Apr 15, 2020

I found it, no need to worry man. It's on the 6th or 7th page of the job search, you just have to keep looking. Should say 2021 Summer Analyst Investment Banking and then specific cities right after.

Array

Apr 16, 2020

Can you send the link? Still not coming up for me on the website or job search. Theres a draft application which I weirdly cant open in my job page but I dont want to withdraw it until I can find the new one. anyone else having this problem?

Array

• Prospect in 
Apr 22, 2020

has anyone heard back from the 4/17 superday

Apr 22, 2020

No have not heard anything!

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 22, 2020

nothing yet u diversity?

Apr 22, 2020

I am diversity for NYC wbu

• Prospect in 
Apr 22, 2020

haven't heard back heard it could take a while bc it was virtual but I'm IB NYC

Apr 24, 2020

has anyone heard back from the 4/20 superday?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 2, 2020

Is CS rolling - are there going to be superdays going into the summer ? Applied a week back and got the links for the tests today.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 2, 2020

My belief is that they send everyone the links for the tests but a person I know is one of the people leading recruiting and he said they haven't started recruiting non diversity yet and that they will have multiple waves (3-4 waves).

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 2, 2020

Oh okay that's great - reading all the posts above it came off as non-diversity had already started. Thanks a lot!

• Prospect in Other
May 2, 2020

what division did you apply to? ibd?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 2, 2020

Yup

May 2, 2020

Any word from West Coast offices?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 4, 2020

Applied for SF (non-target), havent heard anything back yet.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 4, 2020

Anyone know what the typical class size is for NYC IBD summer analysts?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 7, 2020

I heard somewhere between 40-60. Can confirm that the number is within that range based on placement day attendance.

• Analyst 2 in IB-M&A
May 7, 2020

Not sure where you got that range. I'd say closer to 70-80

May 7, 2020

does anyone know the weight behind the assessments? wasnt really ready and probs didnt do too hot... would u think its a make or break?

• Prospect in Other
May 7, 2020

Very highly weighted.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 7, 2020

better be trolling

May 13, 2020

is CS rolling?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 13, 2020

Does anyone know when CS will start sending out first round invites for Non-Diversity IBD NY? The last I heard was that it was delayed but an update would be helpful.

• Intern in S&T - Equities
May 13, 2020

Does CS sponsor Canadians ?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 13, 2020

Bump

• Intern in PropTrad
May 13, 2020

Couple of friends got offers for NY

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
May 13, 2020

Diversity?

May 15, 2020

Are they still accepting apps? or is it closed?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 15, 2020

They are still accepting applications. Their website is like a maze and getting to the application is a pain, almost like they are using that to filter out candidates.

Here's the link:

https://tas-creditsuisse.taleo.net/careersection/j...

May 30, 2020

Why is it that domestic (united states) opportunities don't show up on their application portal, but the link you sent works for NY? (also if there's Chicago app you could send would be greatly appreciated)

May 17, 2020

Anyone speak to the firm recently? Any updates on timeline?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 21, 2020

Last I heard, the process was still delayed. Supposed to go late summer so I think June/July I believe.

May 21, 2020

wait how is june/july late summer

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 21, 2020

Anyone know if they typically do targets and non-targets separately or in the same pool?

Jun 4, 2020

any other updates on the timeline for NYC non-diversity

May 21, 2020

I got rejected before the first round. I did a handful of informational interviews before getting the axe.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 21, 2020

you got formally rejected already?

May 21, 2020

Yes lol. I'm not joking.

May 21, 2020

just got an offer s& t diversity

Array

May 22, 2020

anyone else just get a link to the assessments today? I applied for IBD

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 22, 2020

They send everyone the link a couple of days after you submit the application.

May 22, 2020

that's weird because I applied in March and just got the link today.

May 22, 2020

Yup, everyone gets that.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 22, 2020

anyone hear back from yesterdays LA superday yet?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 22, 2020

was it non-diversity?

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
May 23, 2020

May 23, 2020

Waiting to hear back on a few resume things before applying, have first-rounds gone out yet? Was told by analysts that the timeline was late June/early July, but I don't wanna risk it.

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 23, 2020

Speaking to an analyst today. Will update.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 23, 2020

I can confirm that the timeline is late June/ Early July.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 23, 2020

which office are you interested in?

May 23, 2020

anyone know the rough timeline for SF? I've heard its sometime mid-summer, not a 100% certain

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 23, 2020

Credit Suisse won't accelerate the interviews.

May 24, 2020

what is timeline for first round in new york? Do non target schools have a chance?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 24, 2020

late June/ early July

if you network you should be fine. I am from a non-target and I have been told I'll land an interview.

May 24, 2020

kinda concerned about the online assessment

• Analyst 2 in IB-M&A
May 24, 2020

Can confirm with certainty that no non-diversity first rounds have gone out. Expect first rounds to start in late June with superdays starting mid-July. All of this is in waves so you could still technically have a superday late in August

May 27, 2020

All offices?

May 24, 2020

Anyone know how big the SF intern class size usually is?

• Intern in IB - Gen
May 26, 2020

bump

• Analyst 1 in IB - Ind
May 29, 2020

Total class size for SF is like 7 people but it's kind of a non-factor. The issue is unless you go to specific schools you're basically recruiting for a minority of spots. Every year they hire 2 people from Berkeley, 2 from Ivey, and 2 more split between Wharton and UCLA, so if you're not from one of those 4 schools you're really only competing for one or two leftover spots.

I remember recruiting there and it was brutal to even find an in for networking because you're essentially relegated to only speaking with the one or two analysts not from those schools, because there's no way someone from Wharton is going to push your resume over the candidates from their school who they know will get a spot.

Jun 16, 2020

are interviews out for SF?

May 26, 2020

Does anyone have any insights on the Real Estate Coverage Group? Deal flow, culture, size, etc.?

• Intern in IB - Gen
May 26, 2020

not great. one of the weaker groups

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Jun 4, 2020

Historically, they have been a little weaker, but that's because it's a little smaller in size relative to its peers like BAML. In recent years they've done quite well though. CS was ranked #1 in 2019 real estate M&A league tables. Also, they do a lot of gaming deals (they advised on the eldorado caesars $17B merger)

May 26, 2020

I did the assessment test since February and still haven't heard back a word. Up until now I thought I was dinged for sure but reading the comments I'm not too sure now (thankfully). Did anyone receive any communications after they took the test at all?

Array

May 26, 2020

Me neither (I applied for the Toronto office). I did my assessments on Feb 27. Not a peep since then. I have updated my profile in the interim though (as it coincided with semester end, and thus new grades).

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 27, 2020

this for IB im assuming?

May 27, 2020

anyone know if the online assessment for Technology Summer Analyst would be different than the assessments for other SA roles

May 27, 2020

Has LA done non-diversity interviews?

May 28, 2020

has anyone else received informational for NYC?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 29, 2020

What do you mean? Like an informational call?

May 29, 2020

yes

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 29, 2020

How big the CS FIG class size for NY?

Jun 5, 2020

this

Array

May 29, 2020

First rounds begin June 15th with superdays the following week. Source: networking contact heavily involved in recruiting.

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 29, 2020

all divisions?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 29, 2020

Can confirm the above timeline.

May 30, 2020

Any info on CS Houston SA 2021?

Array

May 30, 2020

Go to a semi-target that CS has lots of Coops at (none in IB though). Strong resume w high gpa, internships at WF, GS, and now boutique valuation shop, but have done almost no networking at CS so far. Any thoughts on if I should just apply now or if I should try to do a few networking calls next week before applying? Interested in NYC office.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 30, 2020

I was speaking to an associate and he mentioned that there will be informational calls before I he first round so I think you definitely need to network but you can always submit ur application and take a chance.

Jun 1, 2020

what are informational calls? Are they similar to the first round interview?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 31, 2020

Did anyone else get informational calls?

Jun 1, 2020

Has anyone recieved first rounds?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 1, 2020

first round interviews will be sent out on 15th June. informational calls are informal calls used to generally have a conversation where you can better understand the candidate and also learn more about the company. based on the informational calls, they'll send out first round interviews. if you haven't received informational calls then it's unlikely that you'll get a first round.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 1, 2020

Anyone got informational calls today?

• Analyst 2 in IB-M&A
Jun 2, 2020

Maybe things have changed since I recruited at CS... but to my knowledge "informational calls" happen when students reach out to alumni at CS (or any other bank). The bank does not set these up themselves. Again, maybe things have changed but I got an offer from CS and got a first round after talking to 2 alumni

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 2, 2020

I am assuming you didn't take the offer from CS?

An associate had told me that I can expect others from his team to reach out and speak with me before the 1st round.

Jun 3, 2020
  • Bump* did anyone receive information calls yesterday?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 3, 2020

Should I be worried if I didn't? I go to a top target and have talked to a couple people there but haven't received anything on informational calls

Jun 3, 2020

Target applied to both normal and Latam IBD. Just got a first round for latam ibd.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 4, 2020

when is your latam first round? i also got one

Jun 3, 2020

Same here ^

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 3, 2020

Anyone who applied to general IBD get a first round?

Jun 3, 2020

I think they go out on the 15th but not sure

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 3, 2020

Yea that's what I had been told as well but seeing that LatAm went early I just wanted to check in.

Jun 3, 2020

I understand that the deadline for IBD is Sept 1st. Does anyone know if decisions are rolling? Earliest I'd be able to get an app in is July 1st and worried about being at a disadvantage

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 3, 2020

I think most of the spots will be given out this month but I believe they are also running another process in late fall

Jun 4, 2020
BBDream:

I understand that the deadline for IBD is Sept 1st.

Source?

Edit: Deadline is Wed, 02 Sep 2020 07:59:00, to be precise. After clicking on "Save as Draft", this message shows up:

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 4, 2020

received informational call from fig today- target, nondiversity

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 4, 2020

Was it just one call?

Jun 4, 2020

are summer interns getting guaranteed return FT offers?

Jun 4, 2020

Anyone know if no info calls mean instant ding?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 4, 2020

I think that there will be some calls being sent out in the next week as well so not really, but if by 15th June you don't have any calls and someone hasn't referred you already, I think it is highly unlikely that you get invited for an interview.

Didn't you get a first round for LatAm first-round?

Jun 4, 2020
Comment
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 4, 2020
Jun 4, 2020
Comment

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 4, 2020
Jun 5, 2020
  • Prospect in _none
Jun 5, 2020