Credit Suisse SA 2021

Subscribe

starting a page for Credit Suisse’s Summer Analyst position. They have opened their applications for Summer 2021. Did anyone do a first round?

Comments (1081)

Mar 21, 2020 - 12:22am

They had diversity scheduled for April and are likely pushing that back, aka regular recruiting will be pushed back (according to Analysts and Associates)

Array

• Prospect in IB - PubFin
Mar 21, 2020 - 12:54pm

I can speak with confidence when I say that the first wave of applications will be reviewed within 2.5 weeks with first round interviews mid-april onwards and a superday in early may. All virtual.

• Prospect in IB - CB
Mar 21, 2020 - 2:20pm

Timeline for the Sophomore SA 21 position NYC?

Array

• Intern in Consulting
Mar 22, 2020 - 9:55pm

Haven't heard a peep. Did assessments for IB & Capital Markets

Array

Mar 31, 2020 - 4:17pm

Honestly, I applied to 4 locations so I got 4 emails for the assessment. So I choose Houston the least desirable location for me and give it a practice go. In brief, I don't think it went amazing because I thought I would have 3 other assessments to really try on LMAO. Other than that, it's like an email game where you prioritize responses. Identifying sequences (2, 4, blank, 8) multiple choice. One other SAT like style of questioning that I forget, and then a bunch of qualitative questions.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 25, 2020 - 12:43am

any info if the US offices (especially NY) sponsor Canadians ?

Array

• Prospect in S&T - Equities
Apr 5, 2020 - 8:44pm

How soon after submitting applications do you expect to receive assessment? for Global Markets

Array

• Prospect in S&T - Other
Apr 8, 2020 - 12:13am

Does anyone know if pressing the view/edit submission button for the internship (under My Submissions in my CS careers account) will affect the submission? I want to add an updated resume, but I don't want to have to resubmit the application because applications are reviewed on a rolling basis (I don't want to "lose my spot in line" in a sense). Is this even an accurate way of thinking?

Apr 8, 2020 - 12:19am

I don't think CS does it on a rolling basis. Talked to a few Analysts and Associates and they all said that diversity is pushed from mid/late April to early/mid May and that non-diversity (OCR and non-core) would be through end of May/June. Wouldn't worry too much about adding an updated application so long as you don't resend the entire application.

Array

• Prospect in 
Apr 9, 2020 - 12:37am

Array

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 12, 2020 - 9:40pm

False information. Have spoken with individuals at CS involved with recruiting. Originally, diversity was scheduled for late April but was postponed to early/mid May. Rest of recruiting will take place late May/early June, with superdays throughout early summer.

Array

Apr 16, 2020 - 11:27am

Can you send the link? Still not coming up for me on the website or job search. Theres a draft application which I weirdly cant open in my job page but I dont want to withdraw it until I can find the new one. anyone else having this problem?

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 2, 2020 - 1:12am

Is CS rolling - are there going to be superdays going into the summer ? Applied a week back and got the links for the tests today.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 13, 2020 - 12:02am

Yo do you know what the cutoffs are for these tests? I'm confused about how to approach them because the Aon site says points are deducted for incorrect answers. However, they don't have say how much the guessing penalty is. Are they trolling about that? Do you just need to get a certain raw score to pass and there's no guessing penalty? It's annoying it never tells you any of this before taking the test. My approach would vary depending on how they score it

May 23, 2020 - 2:29am

Waiting to hear back on a few resume things before applying, have first-rounds gone out yet? Was told by analysts that the timeline was late June/early July, but I don't wanna risk it.

Array

• Analyst 2 in IB-M&A
May 24, 2020 - 12:03pm

Can confirm with certainty that no non-diversity first rounds have gone out. Expect first rounds to start in late June with superdays starting mid-July. All of this is in waves so you could still technically have a superday late in August

• Analyst 1 in IB - Ind
May 29, 2020 - 2:26am

Total class size for SF is like 7 people but it’s kind of a non-factor. The issue is unless you go to specific schools you’re basically recruiting for a minority of spots. Every year they hire 2 people from Berkeley, 2 from Ivey, and 2 more split between Wharton and UCLA, so if you’re not from one of those 4 schools you’re really only competing for one or two leftover spots.

I remember recruiting there and it was brutal to even find an in for networking because you’re essentially relegated to only speaking with the one or two analysts not from those schools, because there’s no way someone from Wharton is going to push your resume over the candidates from their school who they know will get a spot.

May 26, 2020 - 2:02pm

Does anyone have any insights on the Real Estate Coverage Group? Deal flow, culture, size, etc.?

Array

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Jun 4, 2020 - 9:32pm

Historically, they have been a little weaker, but that's because it's a little smaller in size relative to its peers like BAML. In recent years they've done quite well though. CS was ranked #1 in 2019 real estate M&A league tables. Also, they do a lot of gaming deals (they advised on the eldorado caesars $17B merger)

May 26, 2020 - 2:19pm

I did the assessment test since February and still haven't heard back a word. Up until now I thought I was dinged for sure but reading the comments I'm not too sure now (thankfully). Did anyone receive any communications after they took the test at all?

Array

May 30, 2020 - 5:14pm

Go to a semi-target that CS has lots of Coops at (none in IB though). Strong resume w high gpa, internships at WF, GS, and now boutique valuation shop, but have done almost no networking at CS so far. Any thoughts on if I should just apply now or if I should try to do a few networking calls next week before applying? Interested in NYC office.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 1, 2020 - 11:06am

first round interviews will be sent out on 15th June. informational calls are informal calls used to generally have a conversation where you can better understand the candidate and also learn more about the company. based on the informational calls, they’ll send out first round interviews. if you haven’t received informational calls then it’s unlikely that you’ll get a first round.

• Analyst 2 in IB-M&A
Jun 2, 2020 - 11:22am

Maybe things have changed since I recruited at CS... but to my knowledge “informational calls” happen when students reach out to alumni at CS (or any other bank). The bank does not set these up themselves. Again, maybe things have changed but I got an offer from CS and got a first round after talking to 2 alumni

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2020 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (17) $704
  • Vice President (45) $323
  • Associates (257) $228
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (37) $203
  • 2nd Year Analyst (142) $153
  • Intern/Summer Associate (134) $141
  • 1st Year Analyst (564) $129
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (546) $82

Leaderboard See all