Credit Suisse SA 2021
starting a page for Credit Suisse’s Summer Analyst position. They have opened their applications for Summer 2021. Did anyone do a first round?
starting a page for Credit Suisse’s Summer Analyst position. They have opened their applications for Summer 2021. Did anyone do a first round?
| +157 | Piper Sandler in talks to acquire PWP | 68 | 6h |
| +153 | Just One More Year | 11 | 3d |
| +116 | UBS Appears to be Exploring Sale | 19 | 9h |
| +86 | Paradise Is Paradise | 6 | 13h |
| +80 | Bringing Deals as a Vice President | 25 | 19h |
| +48 | Drunk VP. How to manage? | 20 | 49m |
| +38 | Q&A | Investment Banking Analyst, UBS | 2 years in investment banking | 11 | 2d |
| +32 | M&A is Paradise | 1 | 3d |
| +31 | Will they pay Directors $1mm+? | 14 | 3d |
| +27 | Best Groups at UBS NY | 10 | 2d |
Career Resources
They had diversity scheduled for April and are likely pushing that back, aka regular recruiting will be pushed back (according to Analysts and Associates)
Can confirm, I am diversity and they said my interview would be late April to early May for 2021. However, I can imagine that this is being revised bc of the virus.
.
I got into the women’s program for nyc ib and virtual superday is April 17
how did it go?
Didn't end up superdaying. Accepted another offer before.
I can speak with confidence when I say that the first wave of applications will be reviewed within 2.5 weeks with first round interviews mid-april onwards and a superday in early may. All virtual.
This is for non-diversity
Timeline for the Sophomore SA 21 position NYC?
wondering this too -- are sophomores' interviews later in summer?
last year the sophomore program opened in the mid summer and superdays were in the early fall. -Current CS Sophomore IB intern
anyone do the online assessment? if so how was it?
Haven't heard a peep. Did assessments for IB & Capital Markets
.
Did everyone who applied get invited for virtual assessments?
Pretty sure yes
Just got my email today for the virtual assessment. Has anyone taken theirs yet?
How was the online assessment for you?
Honestly, I applied to 4 locations so I got 4 emails for the assessment. So I choose Houston the least desirable location for me and give it a practice go. In brief, I don't think it went amazing because I thought I would have 3 other assessments to really try on LMAO. Other than that, it's like an email game where you prioritize responses. Identifying sequences (2, 4, blank, 8) multiple choice. One other SAT like style of questioning that I forget, and then a bunch of qualitative questions.
any info if the US offices (especially NY) sponsor Canadians ?
I think it's always a bigger struggle when they have to sponsor your H1B, but if you give them a reason I'm sure they'd have no problem. Purely speculating though.
They sponsored a Canadian in my group last summer
Thx which office?
Get hired by the Canadian office first. Easier to do an internal transfer / sponsor to a US office once you're already in.
applied a few weeks ago, haven’t heard back yet. traget. global markets. anyone has any idea why?
anybody know anything about their equity research timeline?
Do they invite everyone for the virtual assessment?
I believe so
How soon after submitting applications do you expect to receive assessment? for Global Markets
I got my assessment within 2 business days. (I had applied for IB)
also applied to global markets two weeks ago, haven’t heard back yet. you?
Nothing yet no assessment received
Does anyone know if pressing the view/edit submission button for the internship (under My Submissions in my CS careers account) will affect the submission? I want to add an updated resume, but I don't want to have to resubmit the application because applications are reviewed on a rolling basis (I don't want to "lose my spot in line" in a sense). Is this even an accurate way of thinking?
I don't think CS does it on a rolling basis. Talked to a few Analysts and Associates and they all said that diversity is pushed from mid/late April to early/mid May and that non-diversity (OCR and non-core) would be through end of May/June. Wouldn't worry too much about adding an updated application so long as you don't resend the entire application.
.
New dates are July 7 - August 21. In person. Full comp promised.
Bump
Was wondering if any Non Target + Non Diversity had 1st rounds for IBD.
.
False information. Have spoken with individuals at CS involved with recruiting. Originally, diversity was scheduled for late April but was postponed to early/mid May. Rest of recruiting will take place late May/early June, with superdays throughout early summer.
are applications still open? doesnt come up under job search on the website
I found it, no need to worry man. It's on the 6th or 7th page of the job search, you just have to keep looking. Should say 2021 Summer Analyst Investment Banking and then specific cities right after.
Can you send the link? Still not coming up for me on the website or job search. Theres a draft application which I weirdly cant open in my job page but I dont want to withdraw it until I can find the new one. anyone else having this problem?
has anyone heard back from the 4/17 superday
No have not heard anything!
nothing yet u diversity?
I am diversity for NYC wbu
haven't heard back heard it could take a while bc it was virtual but I'm IB NYC
-
Is CS rolling - are there going to be superdays going into the summer ? Applied a week back and got the links for the tests today.
My belief is that they send everyone the links for the tests but a person I know is one of the people leading recruiting and he said they haven't started recruiting non diversity yet and that they will have multiple waves (3-4 waves).
Oh okay that's great - reading all the posts above it came off as non-diversity had already started. Thanks a lot!
what division did you apply to? ibd?
Yup
Any word from West Coast offices?
Applied for SF (non-target), havent heard anything back yet.
Anyone know what the typical class size is for NYC IBD summer analysts?
I heard somewhere between 40-60. Can confirm that the number is within that range based on placement day attendance.
Not sure where you got that range. I’d say closer to 70-80
does anyone know the weight behind the assessments? wasnt really ready and probs didnt do too hot... would u think its a make or break?
Very highly weighted.
better be trolling
Yo do you know what the cutoffs are for these tests? I'm confused about how to approach them because the Aon site says points are deducted for incorrect answers. However, they don't have say how much the guessing penalty is. Are they trolling about that? Do you just need to get a certain raw score to pass and there's no guessing penalty? It's annoying it never tells you any of this before taking the test. My approach would vary depending on how they score it
is CS rolling?
Does anyone know when CS will start sending out first round invites for Non-Diversity IBD NY? The last I heard was that it was delayed but an update would be helpful.
Does CS sponsor Canadians ?
Bump
Couple of friends got offers for NY
Diversity?
Are they still accepting apps? or is it closed?
They are still accepting applications. Their website is like a maze and getting to the application is a pain, almost like they are using that to filter out candidates.
Here's the link:
https://tas-creditsuisse.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1473…
Why is it that domestic (united states) opportunities don't show up on their application portal, but the link you sent works for NY? (also if there's Chicago app you could send would be greatly appreciated)
Anyone speak to the firm recently? Any updates on timeline?
Last I heard, the process was still delayed. Supposed to go late summer so I think June/July I believe.
wait how is june/july late summer
Anyone know if they typically do targets and non-targets separately or in the same pool?
any other updates on the timeline for NYC non-diversity
I got rejected before the first round. I did a handful of informational interviews before getting the axe.
you got formally rejected already?
Yes lol. I'm not joking.
just got an offer s& t diversity
anyone else just get a link to the assessments today? I applied for IBD
They send everyone the link a couple of days after you submit the application.
that's weird because I applied in March and just got the link today.
Yup, everyone gets that.
anyone hear back from yesterdays LA superday yet?
was it non-diversity?
.
Waiting to hear back on a few resume things before applying, have first-rounds gone out yet? Was told by analysts that the timeline was late June/early July, but I don't wanna risk it.
Speaking to an analyst today. Will update.
I can confirm that the timeline is late June/ Early July.
which office are you interested in?
Credit Suisse won't accelerate the interviews.
what is timeline for first round in new york? Do non target schools have a chance?
late June/ early July
if you network you should be fine. I am from a non-target and I have been told I’ll land an interview.
kinda concerned about the online assessment
Can confirm with certainty that no non-diversity first rounds have gone out. Expect first rounds to start in late June with superdays starting mid-July. All of this is in waves so you could still technically have a superday late in August
All offices?
Anyone know how big the SF intern class size usually is?
bump
Total class size for SF is like 7 people but it’s kind of a non-factor. The issue is unless you go to specific schools you’re basically recruiting for a minority of spots. Every year they hire 2 people from Berkeley, 2 from Ivey, and 2 more split between Wharton and UCLA, so if you’re not from one of those 4 schools you’re really only competing for one or two leftover spots.
I remember recruiting there and it was brutal to even find an in for networking because you’re essentially relegated to only speaking with the one or two analysts not from those schools, because there’s no way someone from Wharton is going to push your resume over the candidates from their school who they know will get a spot.
Does anyone have any insights on the Real Estate Coverage Group? Deal flow, culture, size, etc.?
not great. one of the weaker groups
Historically, they have been a little weaker, but that's because it's a little smaller in size relative to its peers like BAML. In recent years they've done quite well though. CS was ranked #1 in 2019 real estate M&A league tables. Also, they do a lot of gaming deals (they advised on the eldorado caesars $17B merger)
I did the assessment test since February and still haven't heard back a word. Up until now I thought I was dinged for sure but reading the comments I'm not too sure now (thankfully). Did anyone receive any communications after they took the test at all?
Me neither (I applied for the Toronto office). I did my assessments on Feb 27. Not a peep since then. I have updated my profile in the interim though (as it coincided with semester end, and thus new grades).
this for IB im assuming?
anyone know if the online assessment for Technology Summer Analyst would be different than the assessments for other SA roles
Has LA done diversity interviews?
.
What do you mean? Like an informational call?
yes
How big the CS FIG class size for NY?
this
First rounds begin June 15th with superdays the following week. Source: networking contact heavily involved in recruiting.
all divisions?
Can confirm the above timeline.
.
bump
Go to a semi-target that CS has lots of Coops at (none in IB though). Strong resume w high gpa, internships at WF, GS, and now boutique valuation shop, but have done almost no networking at CS so far. Any thoughts on if I should just apply now or if I should try to do a few networking calls next week before applying? Interested in NYC office.
I was speaking to an associate and he mentioned that there will be informational calls before I he first round so I think you definitely need to network but you can always submit ur application and take a chance.
what are informational calls? Are they similar to the first round interview?
Did anyone else get informational calls?
Has anyone recieved first rounds?
first round interviews will be sent out on 15th June. informational calls are informal calls used to generally have a conversation where you can better understand the candidate and also learn more about the company. based on the informational calls, they’ll send out first round interviews. if you haven’t received informational calls then it’s unlikely that you’ll get a first round.
Anyone got informational calls today?
Maybe things have changed since I recruited at CS... but to my knowledge “informational calls” happen when students reach out to alumni at CS (or any other bank). The bank does not set these up themselves. Again, maybe things have changed but I got an offer from CS and got a first round after talking to 2 alumni
I am assuming you didn’t take the offer from CS?
An associate had told me that I can expect others from his team to reach out and speak with me before the 1st round.
Should I be worried if I didn’t? I go to a top target and have talked to a couple people there but haven’t received anything on informational calls
Target applied to both normal and Latam IBD. Just got a first round for latam ibd.
when is your latam first round? i also got one
Same here ^
Anyone who applied to general IBD get a first round?
I think they go out on the 15th but not sure
Yea that's what I had been told as well but seeing that LatAm went early I just wanted to check in.
I understand that the deadline for IBD is Sept 1st. Does anyone know if decisions are rolling? Earliest I'd be able to get an app in is July 1st and worried about being at a disadvantage
I think most of the spots will be given out this month but I believe they are also running another process in late fall
Ipsum nisi quaerat eius aut repellendus. Occaecati et quo qui quo sed dolorem ullam. Sed odio fugiat et cupiditate quia.
Et explicabo doloribus culpa sunt in. Quia eius omnis non quia qui fugit porro quaerat. Sunt qui qui vel impedit. Illum voluptas ut sequi debitis nisi laborum. Quo vero reprehenderit doloribus dolor at eligendi fugit. Nobis suscipit illo dolor velit consectetur quis et molestias.
Asperiores similique corporis est vero ducimus minima. Dignissimos reprehenderit adipisci dolores omnis. Consequatur autem et adipisci repudiandae consequatur.
Reprehenderit corporis dolor et pariatur ducimus. Voluptatem ut pariatur laboriosam cupiditate in ducimus facere.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Velit incidunt ut natus rerum voluptates natus nihil in. Excepturi non deserunt aut velit provident similique libero.
Autem aspernatur dolorem eos et praesentium rem. Deleniti placeat officiis distinctio sunt dolore sit nostrum. Possimus optio rerum eveniet minima.
Molestias ullam eius maiores ab expedita. Natus tempore consequatur sunt nihil aut est. Inventore et omnis dolore quisquam eum.
Sequi id qui et nobis nulla. Voluptatem sapiente quibusdam sit excepturi facilis est enim. Earum recusandae facilis eos est dolorem nesciunt. Velit eos ut voluptatem quidem et. Soluta cum quia corrupti explicabo voluptas est. Molestiae autem eius consectetur minus atque quaerat.
Fuga amet et et dolore delectus repellat reiciendis. Qui rerum aut eligendi quia laboriosam. Sed vel porro repellendus eligendi. Ducimus inventore et qui non recusandae.
Iste cupiditate deserunt modi earum ratione. Eos optio nihil blanditiis aut sit. Mollitia cum architecto quisquam hic est sed pariatur.
Voluptas aut occaecati ex id ratione occaecati. Et inventore neque omnis iure quidem ut aut. Debitis sunt aperiam voluptas incidunt ex.
Magnam quia ut molestiae ratione. Sit repellendus maiores facere nostrum dolorem. Doloribus voluptate consequatur nobis facilis. Beatae quam qui ut assumenda. Esse sunt aperiam voluptas enim adipisci ad.
Est sit voluptatum similique cum ut. Dolor quis eum id voluptate.
Eaque corporis dicta impedit non. Voluptatem quidem delectus molestias repudiandae. Sed ut libero qui ut assumenda autem qui. Laboriosam veniam quos et cupiditate voluptatum omnis rerum.
Pariatur eveniet omnis ea necessitatibus. Officia est omnis est necessitatibus ullam voluptates. Quia et sapiente quis rem provident. In veniam quas error. Placeat sint eos omnis saepe consectetur sunt non.
Nihil veritatis recusandae ea. Natus cum sunt quia ex enim blanditiis harum quis. Aliquid impedit nesciunt quas alias amet sunt.
In sit velit alias recusandae. Aut iure facere unde numquam nemo unde. Ea maiores enim et culpa soluta. Assumenda sit fuga et error est. Suscipit et reiciendis et soluta aut. Autem qui autem reprehenderit itaque quia maxime deleniti.
Doloribus minima architecto vero est explicabo vero. Aut temporibus id quo autem perspiciatis expedita. Accusantium rerum veniam distinctio enim iusto fugiat.
Quis ut qui voluptatum sint et dolorem distinctio. Harum quisquam quaerat est quibusdam sit. Dolor et dolores sed odio et maxime totam. Ex in dolores nemo dignissimos ut asperiores. Non architecto dolores veniam dignissimos.
Error incidunt quia fugiat ratione consequatur soluta. Aliquam rerum veritatis voluptates beatae aut veniam. Tenetur corporis et possimus error. Amet quia quaerat inventore voluptas eligendi minus dolorem animi.
Repellat deserunt adipisci quo aliquid aliquid inventore repellat. Suscipit quia sequi aut voluptatem provident ipsa. A aut beatae id officiis ea id quibusdam modi. Libero qui fugiat aut totam.
Repellendus et aspernatur molestias deserunt. Non eos similique ratione molestiae impedit libero expedita nulla. Dolorem fugiat qui alias.
Maiores beatae sint sit modi illum. Quam soluta ipsam pariatur et. Quibusdam eum nulla cumque sit odio. Tenetur dolore ratione sit dolores est occaecati veritatis.