Goldman Sachs Salt Lake City IBD Superday 9/30

Hey guys,

I'm headed to SLC for Goldman's IBD super day next Tuesday. Is anyone else going, and does any one have experience working in their IBD there? SLC was never on my radar, so I'm wondering if anyone knows how it is living/working there.

Thanks

I think its brand new, I couldn't find anything on the internet about it, nor here on WSO. Nevertheless that is the position I'm interviewing for. I had a first round phone interview with a IBD VP in NYC.

Best Response

Odd that they're bringing you there for an IBD super day. Same as the people above, I've never heard about any IBD stuff out of slc, and though it was all back office. I'd make sure to confirm that it's actually IBD and not something like PWM (which they do have out there). Either way, good luck man.

That's what I was thinking.. I was hoping that the process was maybe taking a little longer since the interview was in NY while the open positions are in SLC.

Appreciate the honesty.

What details have you learned about this during or since your interview? Like how big the group is (analysts, associates, senior guys)?

What your industry focus would be? Is it just misc companies in the Southwest, what industries do the senior guys have the most deal experience with? Do you know the names of any senior guys you'll be working with? Are you supporting SF or NY in any way? Is deal execution split with SF or NY, for example?

Comp....can you confirm your base pay?

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”