Guggenheim Partners Summer 2020 Superday

Anonymous Monkey's picture
Anonymous Monkey

Hi all,

I have a superday for Guggenheim that will take place in August at the NYC Office. I was wondering if anyone had insight on what the superday entails and what to expect. I would really appreciate it. Can also make this a thread for others attending the superday.

Thanks!

Comments (43)

Jul 10, 2019

What group is it? Anyone know about the process for ECM?

Jul 10, 2019

Generalist M&A

Aug 1, 2019

did you have/hear back from ECM? @northkoreanbanker

Jul 10, 2019

I attended the June generalist m&a superday. One round technical in the morning, then they decide during lunch who to bring back for the 2 rounds of behaviorals in the afternoon. Feel free to pm.

Jul 10, 2019

Ran out of daily PMs, can you please message me. Would like to know more about the technicals.

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Jul 13, 2019

[ comment removed ]

Jul 13, 2019

PM me if you have any insight

Jul 13, 2019

If anyone has insight on Guggenheim superdays this year please share here or PM. I have a superday August 2nd.

"Truth is like poetry. And most people fucking hate poetry."

Jul 14, 2019

Mutual friend had superday last week, got the offer same day. Morning interview is technical (M&I 400) and a case. Afternoon interview is behavioral. Not much has changed this year from what has already been posted on this site numerous times about their superday process

"It is not our circumstance that controls us, but our thoughts that control our circumstance." -James Allen

Jul 15, 2019

Hey, quick question. Do you know if they asked IRR/Bond/Merger math at all?

Jul 15, 2019

Can you be more specific about the case aspect? What does that entail?

Array

Jul 15, 2019

I am interested as well.

Jul 15, 2019

Can anyone confirm that the non target superdays have been handed out (August 2)?

Jul 15, 2019

I go to a non target but mine is the 8th

Jul 16, 2019

Likewise

Jul 19, 2019

I sent in my application in like May. I am not sure if there will be more rounds later.

Jul 23, 2019

Would love to hear someones experience at one of the past superdays

Jul 30, 2019

Will there be another wave of superday invites for Generalist NY or is it over?

Jul 31, 2019

I assume it is just 1 superday since it is a pretty small bank and intern class will be small

Most Helpful
Jul 31, 2019

Pretty sure they took like 60 interns last year

Array

Jul 31, 2019

Probably just 1 at this point. They've already had at least 2-3 prior waves for targets/diversity.

Aug 1, 2019

Have a superday on August 8. Is there a case/ what is it like?

Aug 3, 2019

Generalist?

Aug 2, 2019

Got dinged at the SPO superday today. Anyone else there?

Aug 3, 2019

I actually canceled the superday as I accepted an offer elsewhere. Good luck to everyone here!

Aug 5, 2019

If anyone had a superday on August 2nd, I'd appreciate any advice re: tech prep. Superday on the 8th. Thanks!

Aug 5, 2019

On the second it was just structured product origination so we got bond questions and related stuff. Would like to hear from someone who got an offer.

Aug 7, 2019

I haven't heard back, will there be any more superday invites given out for Generalist?

Aug 7, 2019

I've heard they have a bunch of people on standby if they don't fill up with the current people who have been invited to superdays. So it depends on the quality of the candidates I guess.

Array

Aug 9, 2019

Anyone know timeline for ECM?

Aug 13, 2019

ECM Superday was last Friday. Think that's the only one since its a small team and they only take 1 intern as far as I know.

Aug 13, 2019

Are you sure about that? Did you speak with any contacts in ECM to get that info?

Aug 13, 2019

I'm sure, I was a candidate at the Superday and they took 1 intern last summer. Believe they said they were going to take 1 intern for 2020 as well. Sorry, there's definitely lot more spots out there though don't worry!

Aug 14, 2019
Comment
Aug 15, 2019
Comment