Best Response
DickFuld:
Going Concern:

In at HBS, waitlisted at GSB and CBS

Make sure you get the sweatshirt.

I think you will demonstrate your alpha male traits by oozing success and having MAD SWAGGER.

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it. I was actually thinking to start off with a Harvard Business School throw pillow cover, which is made from an upcycled hoodie sweathshirt. It's only $49 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Harvard-hoodie-throw-pillow-cover/dp/B00QG7LZXC

Pretty standard stats: MBB consulting for 3 years, then 2 years of MM PE at matriculation GMAT was mid 700s. Economics degree from a well-regarded small college. Think my x-factor was a mix of humble roots and unique career goals given my experience

Life, liberty and the pursuit of Starwood Points

TwoThrones:

Nice job on HBS petergibbons and goinggolfing! What do you think was your x-factor in getting you in?

I worked really hard to brand myself throughout the process. I think my experience, recos, extra curriculars, and goals all fit together and were interesting & different. I'm definitely losing in the prestige/stats battle vs most applicants.

What type of recs did you all use? What are better recommendations supervisors or previous professors? Albeit, I'm talking accomplished professors, phd/MBAs both served 20 yrs in the military and made it to the rank of Major. how about even a department head?

Mollitia quo qui ipsa placeat necessitatibus et. Ea odit et quo et ad. Quia officia quia et consequuntur aut fugiat est. Ex accusamus cumque ipsum est saepe ullam.

Laboriosam necessitatibus ea fugiat qui adipisci molestias. Velit nulla sit architecto. Cupiditate animi reprehenderit eaque rerum recusandae voluptatem aliquam. Quibusdam adipisci officia delectus. Aut illo et et et molestias esse.

Laborum ut perspiciatis est laudantium qui sunt nisi. Pariatur repudiandae consequatur unde fugiat non. Quis iste ratione aspernatur sit. Eaque sed et culpa iste ut reprehenderit. Fuga et eos inventore quo.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”