Here is a question for all you M&A, PE guys, why has nobody bought Ralph Lauren? Seems like it has all the things yall like:
- Great brand (if you disagree let me know)
- Cash on deck: $1.4B vs $871M in debt
- Real Estate? ...$1.5B in PP&E, I haven't done the work on this but I imagine those flagship stores are worth a decent amount
So really this seems like it would have a target on the back for some sort of PE deal. It's an iconic american brand, our Burberry or Prada.. that let Brooks Bros, GANT, and Southern (Noun) walk in and eat its lunch when old Ralph decided be on some silly shit and make hipster and western clothes.
Your thoughts? Trying to figure out what I am missing other than a decline in sales and a CEO departure--I'm assuming the "Lauren" family (yes they ditched the Lifshitz name in the family trust as well) wouldn't let him pull all the levers he wanted, so to speak.
PS If you are @vik2000 please disregard everything above because you are completely irrelevant
Private Equity Interview Course
- 2,447 questions across 203 private equity funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 mem.
- 9 Detailed LBO Modeling Tests and 15+ hours of video solutions.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring private equity professionals just like you.