I hate being poor. I want to make a lot of money. I got lucky getting into a target college, now what? Maybe I'm scrappy, but I can't compete academically with hyper-aggressive kids from Stuyvesant, Exeter, and other $30K-60K year prep/boarding schools, so what am I supposed to do? I'm fairly outgoing, but let's be honest, they prob won't let me into their exclusive pre-professional clubs or frats. Should my eye only be on investment banking division or elsewhere as well? Appreciate any wisdom.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Recently I had a talk with a relative asking about career advice. He's an investment banker and I asked him if he's ever had an intern. Obviously he tells me "he has" but more peculiarly he tells me that one of his interns was a higher-up's nephew. My relative was an...
- [This Forbes article](https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2019/08/27/wework-is-the-most-ridiculous-ipo-of-2019/#485ea5fe1ad6) detailing WeWork's IPO is eye opening.
- Using a 8.2% discount rate vs. 3.7% competitor discount rate for their lease...+38 by kakaman in IB
- Well fellow monkeys after three years of being together, the fiance and I got within two months of our wedding date and decided to (somewhat) mutually call it off (her initial idea). I think I would have preferred to push the wedding into next year after my studying for CFA lvl. 3 wrapped up and...+24 by ManzielsMoneyPhone in OFF
- I’ve heard of people doing solo trips, but don’t know anyone personally who has done it. I’m thinking of winging a trip to South America in a couple days, possibly to Colombia (Cartagena) or Panama City. Just a 2-3 day trip
Does anyone have any tips? Do you structure out every hour of...+13 by UnrelatedQuestions in OFF
- AMA: I am a men's fashion stylist and have been making men's custom suits, sportcoats, shirts, jackets, etc. for many years. I constantly find myself helping guys build out a wardrobe for work and for outside of work. I can help answer any questions on where to start, or what you...+12 by Ali-Rutis in FASH
- Hi All,
Happy to share my journey / trajectory coming from a non-target school in SoCal and breaking into a coverage group at a BB in NYC. The path was extremely unconventional and was primarily a function of preparation, good fortune and persistence above all.
- Private...+12 by bull-ish in IB
- This is something that happened to me. There was a pregnant female coworker at my workplace. She squatted down right in front of me and farted. That's because many pregnant women don't have any warning as to when this is about to happen, so they can't prepare for it. Let's...+11 by emmac31599 in OFF
- I have an interview with JLL today and want to say I've used Argus Enterprise (even though I have not). What are some key parts of it that would make it sound like I am familiar. +11 by enterprisevalued26 in RE
- Dear WSO,
I am a rising sophomore interning at an ER company. As I try to keep my career options broad and work my butt off to exprience as much as I could, I wanted to hear your thoughts on choosing between MC and IB. If you happeded to choose one over the other, what made you do...+11 by WallStreetEagle in CO
- Mine is with Jeff Evans (#977) who was a rescue climber on Mt. Everest.
What are yours? I've just recently started listening to him and they're great.
On a real note: I enjoy that Joe is allowing politicians (Andrew Yang, Bernie Sanders, Dan Crenshaw etc.) to be on the show to...+9 by OnPeakPhysicalFixed in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Sep03Podcast: Frank Rotman (QED Investors) - Getting to yes -- 9/312:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Sep10Podcast: Khaled Hussein (Red Door) - Trust the network -- 9/1012:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Sep11Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Dallas, 9/11-9/138:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Sep15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Sep17Podcast: Bryce Galen (Zero) – Challenging the status quo -- 9/1712:00 to 1:00 EDT Online