IBD SA 2021 Background Check Question Urgent

So i recently received an an offer from a BB (think BAML), but a few weeks ago I got into a bit of a mishap regarding the law.

I am from the South where there are very strict laws, and so basically I was charged with operating a continued criminal enterprise. do u think this will show on IBD background checks, because it has nothing to do with securities fraud or nothing. I am facing 1-5 years if convicted, but have a good legal team, and will be able to participate in SA 2021 even if i spend a few months behind bars.

Thanks guys, lmk if any of yall have been in a similar predicamicant.

Comments (27)

• Summer Associate in IB - Gen
Aug 13, 2020 - 2:31pm

Actually my friend was convicted of vehicular manslaughter and was able to continue with his SA gig. Just let HR know before and you should be good to go.

Aug 13, 2020 - 11:47pm

Hmmm, I'm no expert, but I don't think most investment banks are too keen on hiring convicted felons.

Array

Aug 14, 2020 - 12:41am

Yeah, I think you're right. It seems like CCE is a federal statute, not a state one. I don't think this is a matter of his state having "strict laws" lmao.

Array

Funniest
Aug 14, 2020 - 12:52am

Holy shit, that's one hell of an EC

To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.

• Trader in IB - Cov
Aug 14, 2020 - 10:24am

Hey, OP here. I just wanted to say that the charges will probably be lowered from CCE to something else. Again, I sell really expensive things and I have a good lawyer, but do you think these charges are relevant to IB given that it has nothing to do with securities or fraud?

Btw house arrest sucks dick

Aug 14, 2020 - 10:31am

Completely my uninformed opinion. If you can get HR to overlook it for 2021, congrats, but if you get convicted even after then they absolutely will not give you a full time offer (since you will go to jail lol). If you get this offer withdrawn, take time off school dude and focus on your case. Either it goes away and you can just recruit for 2022 SA without having to say anything or you're gonna go to jail so the whole exercise is moot anyway.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Aug 14, 2020 - 4:16am

i think you're fucked, but either way, best of luck. Honestly

also im kinda confused with the "got an offer from a BB (think BAML)" like...... just say BAML lmao

• Trader in IB - Cov
Aug 14, 2020 - 10:27am

Hey man thanks for the well wishes. Also on the BB thing, I just wanted to stay annonimus or however the fuck u spell that word. but yeah I think I will be okay after letting HR know my circumstances.

Aug 14, 2020 - 10:44am

This has to be a troll. Why is HR going to overlook a felony when there are thousands of kids just as qualified as you without a felony?

Array

• Incoming Analyst in IB - Cov
Aug 14, 2020 - 12:53pm

PM me if you need a good attorney, Ive had a distribution case before. I might be able to help you out quite a bit

Aug 18, 2020 - 1:00pm

Unfortunately, they conduct a Fingerprint background before you start. If you've been arrested this will pop up and will automatically make your background check unsatisfactory. I'd advice reaching to HR now and notify them see if you can maybe let the background team know ahead of time and see if they'll let you move forward.

• Analyst 1 in Consulting
Aug 18, 2020 - 7:57pm

Similique at ipsam placeat ipsa. Repellendus tempore vel quia alias. Laudantium velit dignissimos commodi sit aliquam perspiciatis. Possimus possimus voluptatibus dolores dolorem. Sint soluta placeat eum natus neque. Voluptatem atque cupiditate aut et est aut unde sit. Et rerum aut et unde magni voluptas libero.

Consequatur et ipsum amet commodi architecto nihil. Dolores et illum officia. Similique veritatis praesentium architecto corporis aliquid. Dolores laboriosam corporis sapiente odio perferendis est eos. Sunt sit eligendi cupiditate consequatur illum ea. Dolorem non dolorem laboriosam quos maiores.

Aut a doloribus sapiente sit sed atque eos voluptatum. Qui mollitia ut voluptatem maxime qui occaecati.

Quod ea ratione aut dolor et ipsum. Possimus dolor quia incidunt et minus. Consequatur deserunt dicta sunt.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

January 2022 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (5) $604
  • Vice President (20) $379
  • Associates (138) $238
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $154
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (15) $150
  • Intern/Summer Associate (60) $142
  • 1st Year Analyst (283) $138
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (223) $89