What happened with the SAs that year? Were they just bad or was it something else?

Did some networking and found out a bunch about this office. Let me know if anything is wrong.

Four groups: Consumer/Retail, Real Estate, Tech, A&D

First 3 have really good deal flow (not sure about A&D since its new), Jefferies Charlotte is "probably the best bank in the Southeast" (DC/CLT/ATL) in terms of compensation and deal flow. Part of what makes this office unique is a lot of associates/VPs come from top BB in NYC, and then decide to move to Charlotte for a different lifestyle, so all the seniors are very experienced and smart. Told that the Consumer/Retail group and the Tech group are especially strong. More people here are inclined to go to CorpDev rather than classic PE, however I am told that analysts that want PE, get interviews to strong UMM/MM PE firms.

Only serious downside I heard: Analysts get WORKED (80 - 100 hrs). Definitely a sweatshop.

yea, just passing along what i heard. they didn't say exit ops they said compensation and deal flow.

however, are you just basing these off the brand names? I think even BlackArch would have better exit opps than a lot of ones you listed, and i heard Jefferies has better deal flow than BlackArch

I can't speak of deal flow and pay for Barclays or GS. However, I have seem solid placement from both Barclays/ GS ATL. I'm not sure if GS ATL have first year analyst, seem to be more career banker and seasoned analyst. I don't know about Lazard Middle Market, but have heard it's a solid team there. I know BAML Lev Fin in CLT still have MF placement and very solid deal flow obviously, pay is street. Going back to your point on Jefferies, do you know which coverage team would be ranked highest in deal flow, pay and exit opps?

The GS ATL analyst that I know went to a fund like Sliverlake, Vista Equity Partner, not exactly but I will say on par. Can't give out exact name, or you can easily find him on linkedin. However, he's technically third year analyst (like I said it seems like GS ATL don't have first year analyst or very few) I see more lateral analyst in GS ATL. The few Barclays ATL analyst I know, one went to a top EB M&A in New York and 1 got placed in a top PE in the southeast (As a senior associate) I would have to admit it's a very small sample because I'm just basing it off people that I know directly. The Barclays ATL MD that I networked with, went to a top ATL fund as a partner as well.

Expedita vero aperiam temporibus enim. Sint aut dolorem qui numquam quam eos. Eaque ea illum eaque. Illum eos quia hic ratione rem enim. Rem inventore hic adipisci qui.

Assumenda qui quis aut autem. Voluptatem in dolor labore eaque nulla. Id est amet nisi nobis ab ut quo.

Vel saepe voluptatem repellendus exercitationem. Doloribus eaque ipsa quidem veritatis velit. Harum adipisci dolores distinctio odio. Enim in aut reiciendis voluptatibus.

Quas corrupti quibusdam eligendi qui nihil repellendus sequi. Vel voluptatem veniam sequi fuga iure.

Enim ut molestiae cum reprehenderit ducimus. Vel quaerat voluptatem possimus similique voluptatem molestiae eum. Id earum et distinctio eos ut consequatur.

Aut iure rerum qui excepturi cum alias. Et in consequatur deleniti veniam praesentium quisquam doloribus. Reprehenderit autem modi omnis sint pariatur officiis error reiciendis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (89) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”