Comments (16)

Mar 26, 2019

bump

Mar 26, 2019

Deleted.

Mar 26, 2019

any insight on the consumer/retail or tech groups in clt?

Mar 26, 2019

I can't remember if it was them or Piper Jeffray down here but one of them is super clique based. Basically every single person went to an ACC school.

Mar 29, 2019

Not sure as far as groups go, but I've been told comp at an intern level is comparable with the street, so like ~$85K/year or so.

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Apr 14, 2019

Jefferies has three groups in Charlotte - Consumer/Retail, Tech, and Real Estate

Apr 15, 2019

Out of the three, which one is their stronger group?

Apr 16, 2019

A&D too now

Apr 14, 2019

Real Estate allegedly no offered their entire intern class

Apr 15, 2019

can confirm but they did hire full time

Mar 26, 2019

Did some networking and found out a bunch about this office. Let me know if anything is wrong.

Four groups: Consumer/Retail, Real Estate, Tech, A&D

First 3 have really good deal flow (not sure about A&D since its new), Jefferies Charlotte is "probably the best bank in the Southeast" (DC/CLT/ATL) in terms of compensation and deal flow. Part of what makes this office unique is a lot of associates/VPs come from top BB in NYC, and then decide to move to Charlotte for a different lifestyle, so all the seniors are very experienced and smart. Told that the Consumer/Retail group and the Tech group are especially strong. More people here are inclined to go to CorpDev rather than classic PE, however I am told that analysts that want PE, get interviews to strong UMM/MM PE firms.

Only serious downside I heard: Analysts get WORKED (80 - 100 hrs). Definitely a sweatshop.

Apr 15, 2019

Thanks for the info, out of C&R, RE and tech which one is the strongest? I think from a exit opp standpoint, it's debatable to say that Jefferies is best team in southeast. I would rank BAML Lev Fin (CLT), Lazard Middle Market (CLT), GS Regional (ATL), Barclays Regional (ATL) higher than Jefferies coverage teams.

Mar 26, 2019

yea, just passing along what i heard. they didn't say exit ops they said compensation and deal flow.

however, are you just basing these off the brand names? I think even BlackArch would have better exit opps than a lot of ones you listed, and i heard Jefferies has better deal flow than BlackArch

Apr 15, 2019

I can't speak of deal flow and pay for Barclays or GS. However, I have seem solid placement from both Barclays/ GS ATL. I'm not sure if GS ATL have first year analyst, seem to be more career banker and seasoned analyst. I don't know about Lazard Middle Market, but have heard it's a solid team there. I know BAML Lev Fin in CLT still have MF placement and very solid deal flow obviously, pay is street. Going back to your point on Jefferies, do you know which coverage team would be ranked highest in deal flow, pay and exit opps?

Apr 16, 2019

Where have Barclays/GS ATL placed?

Apr 15, 2019
Comment