Why do M&A analysts seem to have more prestige than other analysts? Are they paid more on average? Do they have better exit opportunities?
What advice would you give an undergraduate as to how to tailor one's resume to be more appealing to M&A recruiters? Besides, of course, doing M&A internships.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- I am about 3 weeks removed from receiving three PE offers (from MFs and top MM firms), both elated and relieved to be done with such a crazy process. I saw that another user commented saying he’d do a write-up about his experience going through the recruiting process and figured I’d wait to...+154 by Candor in PE
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+100 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Lol definitely want to hear what some of you have to say about this. I'm sure there are some good stories out there. +37 by Ivan Boesky in OFF
- So was browsing LinkedIn just for the fun of it and came across this golden job posting today. It's weird to see this explicitly stated as a skill now+27 by NoJobProspectsInSight in IB
- There are plenty of posts about how horrible IB was for people, but did anyone appreciate it or like it?+26 by astern73 in IB
- What bad habits (besides lack of sleep) have you all developed since you started at a bank? For example, I started biting my nails after a month on the job but had never bit them before and a friend began to mumble random finance terms in her sleep.+25 by morgan28 in IB
- I grew up in metro Detroit and every other white collar parent is a Big Ten (if that) grad who makes a cozy $330k, 550k, even well into 7 figures after working up corporate (finance/marketing/engineering/sales) ladder at an automaker, auto supplier, etc. Mark Fields, former CEO of Ford, was...+25 by DukeED23 in IB
- What car would you never consider getting? I know many people that won't get luxury cars because they are depreciating assets. Nothing wrong with that but I'm looking for opinions on cars you wouldn't get because they're cliches or just plain bad.+22 by ColdCaller in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Nov20Podcast: Getting to the buyside -- Vika (Anthemis) -- 11/2012:00 to 1:00 EST Online
- Nov21WSO Toronto Meet Up: Wed Nov 21st, 7:30pm, The Pint Public House7:30 EST Toronto, ON
- Nov27Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 11/27-11/298:00 to 5:00 EST Online
- Dec03Webinar: IB Summer Recruiting 101 -- 9pm ET, 12/3/189:00 to 10:00 EST Online