Why do M&A analysts seem to have more prestige than other analysts? Are they paid more on average? Do they have better exit opportunities?
What advice would you give an undergraduate as to how to tailor one's resume to be more appealing to M&A recruiters? Besides, of course, doing M&A internships.
Anonymous Monkey, Upload Your Resume - Land a Job
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Another [heartbreaking story](https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/summer-analyst-dies-at-lincoln-international) about an intern that passed away after working long hours just hit WSO and I'm thinking why does this keep happening and what can we do to prevent it (or at least make it more...+63 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Recently got the opportunity to talk with the head of banking at a solid MM firm (think William Blair). He said that he hates hiring 3.9+ GPA candidates and actually sees it as a red flag.
His reasoning was that they lack social skills, have never experienced failure, etc.. I want to hear...+52 by ibpotential in JOB
- I've been working for a year at a large investment bank as an analyst in M&A. I was fired today after an argument with my associate that happened a couple of days ago. I'm still in absolute shock right now. I'm no longer interested in work in investment banking or finance...+32 by DopeBoy14 in JOB
- This will be my very first post to this forum, which is admittedly dedicated more to banking and private equity rather than investment research. Given the dearth of content on buy-side equity research (understandable given the small size/low turnover of the industry), I have decided to share my...+28 by Subutai Baghatur in AM
- Article in NYPost today about how millennials are quitting high-paying jobs simply because the work is boring and the hours are too long (though one guy in the article complains about his "50 hour weeks"... guess he wasn't in...+27 by MichaelScarn in OFF
- What hours should someone expect as a summer analyst at a BB or EB. I obviously know that a FT analyst can expect 80+ per week, but is that the same for a SA?
Mod Note (Andy): Don't miss the most upvoted comments below: Top comment 1, Top comment 2. +22 by ibpotential in IB
- Anyone will to share their experience of a Goldman Sachs Superday specifically for IBD.
How many interviews is it usually?
Is it more behavioral or technical?
Thanks in advance+20 by mean5998 in IB
- Why does Nomura get so much shit on WSO? I don't have any personal biases for or against the firm, but it seems to me that their only downfall is the deal flow (which is a problem at a lot of other lower tier banks). +17 by IBtoM7 in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Aug06Webinar: Resume prep for Private Equity interviews -- 9pm ET, 8/6/189:00 to 10:00 EDT Online
- Aug07Podcast: Being flexible and choosing the harder path -- Andrew Mccollum -- 8/7/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Aug08Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 8/8-8/108:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Aug09WSO Denver Meet Up: Thur August 9th, 630-830pm, Tap Fourteen Bar 6:30 EDT denver, CO