A few quick rec letter questions for those who have already gone through the MBA application process:
1) I am taking a shot at one or two programs this year, and plan to continue in my current role if I don't get in. In the interest of preserving relations with my current employer, I was considering asking for a rec letter from a recently-retired MD who I worked closely with on several deals and who I know could maintain discretion regarding my plans. Would this A) be viewed negatively as he is not a current superior, and B) should I address this choice in the optional essay?
2) Any ideas you guys have used for a second rec letter? I was thinking the chair of a charity I sit on the junior board for and have some solid involvement with. Better to do two professional recs?
Not sure if this matters, but the schools these will be going to are in the 15-25 range ranking wise. Thanks in advance.
Financial Modeling Course
- Get An Edge For Your Interviews & Finance Career
- The Best (and Most Affordable) Financial Modeling Self-study Courses.
- WSO Members receive a 15% discount