Microsoft FRP Applicants 2021

Hey guys, figured I'd start this thread for those of us that have applied for the Microsoft FRP 2021 role, whether it be full-time or internship. Let's post updates here as we received them.

I'll start things off...I had my first round phone interview a couple of weeks ago and have yet to hear back.

Are first rounds already over then? I submitted my app a couple of days ago, so I don't know if they are still considering applicants.

I also just submitted an app for SA a couple of days ago. I heard there should be more waves of interviews/superdays in the coming months, right?

I should clarify I applied for full-time. I believe they look at applications in waves otherwise I’d assume the application would be locked. I know the intern candidates had their first super day last week and they have more scheduled to come so unless you get a rejection email (which I know some have already received) you may still be in consideration.

Has anyone heard anything back yet for FT roles or a second superday?

I applied same time as well and no changes on my application. I did apply to another position at Microsoft though that I was passed for. When they pass on your application they do move it to the archived section and you will see the status update. So don't count yourself out entirely yet.

Do we need to network for this or is simply submitting the application enough?

I've applied, and had an alumni reach out to me this past Friday as an internal referral. I'm from a non-target, although they do a resume drop through our career services, and am still waiting to hear back since then (its been 1 business day). I would assume its a very long and drawn out process due to volume and everything being remote. From what I've seen/heard its probably being done in waves so they won't do the next batch of phone screens until a superday is done. Don't quote me on this, as I was never told this, I'm just making an assumption.

Most Helpful

Just got the FT offer. Seems like the Sept 2021 start date is going to be full (unless some interns turn down the return offer), so non-interns are being offered a March 2022 start date... RIP. Add in lower comp than in past years – 87k base, 3k stock over 4 years – and it's not really a good alternative to an investing role imo.

Not a current intern. Maybe comp numbers I've seen in the past were for returning interns? Regardless it's solid comp for corp fin.

I'm just going off my offer letter – 87k base, 3k stock vested over 4 years, 5.5k signing, "0% to 20% bonus" which I'll say is 9k. So you'll probably hit six figures all-in with some of the other stuff you mentioned, but the March 2022 start really kills it for me. If this was my only offer, I'd be content with it (especially from what I've heard the work-life balance is like).

Anyone know where they are in terms of recruiting for the SA process? I applied at the start of Sept and haven't heard back. Is it over? 

So active means we are still in the running? I just assumed they never updated them cuz I spoke to someone who said for the Business Dev role the spots were filled but it still says active for me

A few of my friends who are in the program have told me there's only one super day left, and that it'll mainly be geared towards interns. They have pretty much filled up their full time class, and like the other comment mentions, they're having some FT people start in March 2022.

Distinctio dolores vero voluptas veniam. Quibusdam animi at alias. Modi accusantium architecto odio.

Repudiandae facere accusantium voluptas quia corporis laboriosam. Dolorum hic temporibus iste tempora laborum ea. Alias minus magni temporibus dolore tempora ad eos velit. Rem dicta eum excepturi. Optio voluptatem est beatae dolor et eum. Quis vero et eum qui id officia. Alias sint quos consequatur laudantium.

Consequatur quae et odit necessitatibus minus facilis fuga. Repudiandae dolores assumenda minus ipsa. Enim odit blanditiis et minima.

Aut aperiam atque harum sed delectus delectus. Nisi nam minus quia repellendus optio ab ea autem. Cupiditate iure aperiam magnam voluptatem earum et numquam. Qui nobis et at asperiores sit sunt qui sed. Neque adipisci id tempore perspiciatis quis facilis. Aut velit deleniti ut consectetur.

Quisquam voluptas sunt ducimus dolorem distinctio consectetur. Repudiandae qui autem dicta quasi optio. Omnis et nam repellat autem atque qui.

Aut aut repellat praesentium repudiandae. Quia dolore est ut. Optio voluptatem omnis dolor natus quibusdam officiis minus. Quibusdam unde molestiae reprehenderit dolor ad cumque ut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”