Its fine just network even harder, whether it be people you interviewed with, people from your high school, same hometown / study abroad place, etc. You can always find MS people on linkedin and tell them you are supposed to be an incoming intern, and youll be received well

I was looking for somebody to start this thread.

I think there's a possibility that IBD start dates will get moved to July 6 like GS and JPM, and that the program will still happen in-person, but will be shorter? The email, while reassuring in the sense that we know we will get paid, was very vague and said that "most programs" will be made virtual, which also implies that some programs may not be.

I'm not sure they really know what they are going to do yet. Clearly they are trying to send out updates to answer questions, but the emails lack any sort of detail.

Surely S&T, BRM internships are most affected by the whole virtual movement bcos they have to shadow traders etc? Might be wrong but pretty sure they will find a way to make IBD, GCM, ER virtual

Intern in ER:
Surely S&T, BRM internships are most affected by the whole virtual movement bcos they have to shadow traders etc? Might be wrong but pretty sure they will find a way to make IBD, GCM, ER virtual

S&T can be placed in more structured products or sales desks. Sales, research, and structuring can give you remote work doing fundamental analysis, building basic stuff in Excel, and making PPTs. Tough if you wanted to do flow trading though - doubt you can do that.

That would be so awesome, but from what I have read on other threads it looks like Citi's class sizes are considerably smaller than MS/GS/JPM. Would love to hear if someone thinks otherwise though

I'm not so sure. I've heard that MS traditionally has pretty high offer rates, and I think Citi may just have forced the rest of the BB's hands. My hopes are way up but I guess we'll see

I can only hope but MS traditionally takes on more interns than space -or so I have heard. Nonetheless, it will be amazing to get it

Yeah for sure. Leading a BB whilst battling coronavirus is no small feat

Credit Suisse has not extended full time offers, just delayed summer internship. Might be exclusively Citi amongst the BBs, but am keeping hopes up for MS too.

Highly doubt this would be exclusive only to Citi. They have a pretty large class and their returns aren't far higher than the others (except GS/JPM)

Interesting that MS haven’t mentioned any specific changes except for being virtual and being fully paid. GS and JP delayed. Citi also did with full time offers. MS and BoA has to come out with a big bang

Can confirm that MS plans to have the majority of the programs be virtual with some in-person components included. Also, interns will be compensated for the duration of their original summer internships. This vague information makes me think that MS is planning an announcing much bigger news about their SAs in the coming days/weeks. Maybe they are just waiting to see what the other banks do before they do anything drastic.

I imagine they would also have a delayed start date if that's what GS/JPM/Citi are doing. Wonder how the FT offer situation is going to shake out with the BBs -- Citi went bold by guaranteeing FTs to their SAs and definitely put other banks in the hot seat.

Someone I know that is recruiting for 2021 told me that while on a networking phone call, an MS IBD analyst (NYC) said that IB internships would be fully virtual- 4 days of training with presentations on Fridays- and that all IBD SAs would be generalist interns (no group placement).

Has literally anyone else heard this? Source is super unreliable and this seems like it would be a huge L given how other BBs are changing their programs

not true man, talked to an analyst the other day and they said the summer analysts will get placed for sure, just waiting on HR

London IBD SAs have already been allocated groups so I cannot see why NYC can't do the same. With regards to the program itself, the wording in the MS email was weird and did not indicate a shortened program which could mean we are in for a full virtual program. There might be a high offer rate due to firms cutting down on spending on hiring new people but obvs not an expert and just speculating (and hoping lol)

It did mention likely changes to both structure AND length which IMHO does indicate program shortening

you keep spreading random info on this forum about the MS summer program but don't actually say anything useful - all gossip. stop being insecure and take it easy

Ut ut quia quas rerum doloremque soluta explicabo. Quia adipisci quas est. Natus error quos similique.

Non omnis sint perferendis quia unde quis. Adipisci dignissimos adipisci nobis harum doloribus. Quis culpa doloribus similique praesentium. Nulla officiis est asperiores atque. Voluptates minus et quam voluptates quia. Voluptatem voluptatem sapiente omnis suscipit fugit voluptatibus sit.

Dolores et magnam facere quae. In odio blanditiis veniam reiciendis esse est velit libero. In dolor maxime temporibus. Molestias qui voluptatem veritatis aliquam culpa impedit voluptatum. Optio libero enim aliquid et aliquid.

Sunt et tempore expedita fugit ducimus. Dolor sit id cumque blanditiis quia. Itaque consectetur unde ratione sit nostrum dicta ut dolor.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”