MSRE Programs with Canadian exit ops
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with which MSRE(D)/graduate studies programs have the best industry connections in Canada, with my top choice being to move and work in Vancouver, BC. The obvious answer would be UBC's PGCV program, however I don't have all the required business undergrad courses (I have only 4/12) to be eligible for the program. There is also Schulich's MREI program but I couldn't find many industry professionals with this degree making me question my prospects if I go that route (Schulich MREI grads please correct me if I'm mistaken). So now I am expanding my search to US MSRE Programs with the goal of returning to Canada after graduation.
A bit about me:
- No previous RE experience; 7 years in oil & gas
- Chem Engg undergrad; non-target school, reputation for a good engineering program among Canadian universities; 3.7 GPA
- Have been networking extensively but unable to secure a job - couple of final round interviews and even a verbal offer which was rescinded; general feedback is that I'm interviewing well but management is more comfortable hiring one of the many proven 2nd/3rd year analysts currently looking for work in my local market (Calgary, AB - the worst downtown office market in North America for several years)
- CFA level 1 - passed, Argus software certification, various online courses, and courses from UBC Sauder Real Estate continuing professional development program
- Targeting acquisitions/development roles post-grad
- Have not written the GMAT/GRE
At this point, I think i have given the self-study & network route a fair shot and now I'm looking for a more formal qualification behind my name to help with this career change. I see the value of a 2-year program and an internship but would prefer 1-year programs if at all possible. Ideally, I will quit my engineering job and leverage my admission into a program to get an internship prior to starting classes.
Any input is appreciated. Thanks all.