NYC Summer 2018 Housing/Roommates Thread

EBITDA_Boss's picture

Monkeys:

Feel free to post any insights you may have regarding housing in NYC for interns/summer analysts. Let this thread serve as a thread for finding a roommate, but also housing.

A little about myself: I'm currently looking for a roommate and/or housing in NYC. Currently a sophomore, rising junior, with an internship in NYC. I'm a hardworking guy during the week, but I like having fun on the weekends (Not looking to throw bangers every weekend, but may invite some friends over during the weekend to chill). I'll be working a hedge fund internship and taking an online class so you probably won't hear much from me during the week except maybe past 9 or 10pm. I'm originally from the Northeast and currently go to school in the Midwest where I'm majoring in Economics and minoring in Computer Science. Eventually, I want to break into IB as a summer analyst next summer. In my free time, I like to workout, play Fortnite, and watch basketball/football. Hopefully there's some common ground there, but it's fine if there isn't. Here's a summary regarding housing:

City: NYC
Preferred Areas: Midtown or south
Start Date: Mid-May
Lease Start: Mid-may
Position: Hedge fund intern
Total Roommates: 1-3
Your Gender: Male
Roommate Gender: Don't care
Budget: up to 1700, preferably 1500 or lower

Even if you're not looking for roommate, feel free to post tips on finding housing in NYC. Thanks guys!

Comments (5)

Apr 3, 2018

You're probably going to have to check craigslist temp housing

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Apr 4, 2018

Will do, thanks

Apr 4, 2018

Damn. We'd be ideal roommates - but I wont be interning in NYC this summer. Maybe next summer if we both get SA's! (Current sophomore as well)

"It is not our circumstance that controls us, but our thoughts that control our circumstance." -James Allen

Apr 25, 2018

Hi still looking?

City: NYC
Preferred Areas: Midtown
Start Date: Late May
End Date: Late August
Position: IBSA
Your Gender: Male
Roommate Gender: Don't care
Budget: <2000/mo

May 1, 2018
Comment