Hello Users! Currently looking to get into IB/PE/HF/AM.
I am currently entering 4th year at a non-target Canadian University, majoring in Finance and minoring in statistics. I currently have a CGPA of 3.1/4 which renders it hard/impossible for me to get any jobs at one of the large banks. I went on exchange last semester so was unable to bring it up. I expect to have around a 3.2-3.3ish /4 CGPA by end on next year (being conservative).
Here is my work experience:.
- Student Investment Fund (Do equity reports, DCFs...)
- Hotel Front Desk
- Family Financial Services Firm (sell insurance, invest clients money into mutual funds, seg funds, GICs..)
- FP&A Intern position at one the largest companies in Canada
I am also very active on campus with societies and clubs
I am planning on taking a 5th year to try to bring my GPA up. Additionally, I plan on taking my CFA next summer.
- Should I look into doing an MFIN/MFE? That would require me to take the GMAT and I don't know if I have time.
- What should I do that will help my chances to break into IB/PE/HF/AM?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks