I'm a french student who would like to apply for a MSc in Finance, and would like to know what are my chances, and how high should my GMAT score be (I'll take it in two-three month).
- Joint Bachelor'sDegree in Economics and Law at Toulouse School of Economics and University Toulouse 1 Capitole, with 13,75/20 (two semesters at 2.8-2.9, two semesters at 3.4, two semesters at 3.8), ranked 6/41 during the last year.
- Currently in my first year of Master's degree (Master 1) in Economics and Business Law (Joint degree, TSE - UT1 ), for the year 2017-2018.
- No relevant profesionnal experience or internships, only summers jobs since I am 15. (My father being a farmer, he demanded that I'd help him, and that I'd get money, during my BSc)
- Member of the Junior enteprise at TSE, and the school newspaper.
- Fluent in French and English
- Here is a copy of my resume : http://docdro.id/N72W4Ro (sorry if there are any mistakes, quickly translated it)
I don't konw how strong is my profile, pros are double degree (is studying law a downside to apply for MSc in finance ?), TSE (top 3 research center in Economics in Europe, partner school with Bocconi), cons are lack of experience, lack ofinternational exchanges and maybe GPA.
I'll apply to the top 5 Business Schools in France (HEC ESSEC ESCP EM Lyon EDHEC), but my main chances are for EM Lyon/EDHEC.
My main target is Bocconi, I think my profile won't be good enough for Rotterdam BS,and I don't think I can apply to SSE, since they're demanding a certain amouting of credits taken in Finance, which I didn't. Where else could I apply according to you ? Finally, if I manage to score around 700 at GMAT, do you think I have a shot for Bocconi ?
Thanks for reading.