What kind of exit opportunities at Associate 2/3 level in Project Finance with a top player?
Post- Project Finance Jobs
While many people go into project finance expecting that they will build a career there, it's not unusual to want to make a move for further career development. Some moves will be easier than others. As always, any job change requires aggressive networking and strong interviews. WSO members shared their insights and advice on possible exit opps for those currently working in project finance:
- Infrastructure funds
- Power/energy fund
- Principal investing group (on the debt side)
- Work for a project sponsor
- Debt capital markets
- Leveraged finance
- Infrastructure team at an IB
- I wouldn't expect to go PF->Banking, but PF-> Infra fund/Energy PE is very common
- Go back to business school to make a career move
- Pursue investment banking first, it will give you stronger modeling skills
- Project Finance vs Leveraged Finance vs M&A Exit Opps
- Project Finance Institute League Tables
- Is Project Financing More of a Cap Markets Function than Traditional IB
Want to improve your financial modeling skills?
Check out WSO's side-by-side comparison of financial modeling courses and get a WSO discount.