Sophomore Summer Internship to SA 2020

random2021's picture

Hey all,
Sophomore at a semi-target. Wondering if an internal audit internship at a large financial services firm (KKR, Blackrock, etc) or corporate finance internship at tech company (Visa, PayPal, etc) would be better for SA 2020. Already have a boutique IB remote internship under my belt, wondering what's best moving forward. Thanks!

Comments (4)

Feb 14, 2019

Hi berkeleybear2021, check out these links:

• A One Stop Shop For All Things Diversity Recruiting- The Most Exhaustive List On WSO Freshmen/Sophomores/Juniors Deadline: Varies Summer Internships- High School Senior J.P Morgan- 2015 CIB Summer High School ... Internships- Freshman Morgan Stanley- Freshman Enhancement Program Description: 10-week freshman summer analyst ... Deadline: varies (fall / winter / early spring) Summer Internships- Sophomore BAML-
  • London IB Summer Internship Discussion 2018 I'm looking to secure a bulge bracket, investment banking, summer internship, in London, next ... others to benefit from too. London Investment Banking Internships Summer 2018 Summer internship ... Summer Internship Applications Summer Analyst applications open now. Application deadline
  • 2019 SA Sophomore Internships Thread https://credit-suisse.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile... 2019 Global Markets Sophomore Diversity Summer Analyst Program- Deadline- Fall Similar to previous ... thus far at the BBs: BAML Global Banking & Markets Sophomore Summer Analyst Program- Deadline: ... 3.5 minimum preferred. Citi 1. Sophomore Leadership Program, Summer Analyst<
  • Internships to break into MBB- Sophmore year summer for my sophomore year summer? For future reference, is it better to get experience in the industry ... What internships should I target during my undergrad years if I hope to break into MBB afterwards? ... with F500 internships or are consulting internships best? Sophomore Internship ...
  • What would you do?- Sophmore at a semi-target internship summer analyst ... division. If my goal is to end up landing an S&T SA position after my junior year, what do you think is ... Hey guys, I'm a sophomore at a semi-target, and I have a little bit of dilemma deciding ...
  • Advice to get BB Sophomore Internship Sophomore Internships What Are Some Name-Brand Banks That Hire Sophomores? 2019 SA Sophmore Internships ... I really want to get a solid ibanking sophomore internship at one of the BB's, like ... Bracket sophomore summer internships for investment banking Most bulge bracket banks hire
  • Missed SA 2019 recruiting- delay graduation for SA 2020? GPA (3.4 at super non-target) that made me whiff on SA 2019. I'm set to graduate in May 2020, but ... / EB SA 2020 positions over this spring and summer with a December 2020 graduation date. Explain that ... SA 2020 position, delay graduation to December 2020 and vacation for spring semester before start
  • MSF Profile Evaluation: Class of 2020 I am planning to apply for MSF programs (Summer/Fall 2019 intake). Background: * International (f-1 ... authorization (1 year). The group is small, so I get to do everything that analyst would do, not just data ... Hi everyone, Would like to get some feedback and suggestions on my profile and some schools that ...
  • More suggestions...

I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.

Feb 18, 2019

Probably dependent slightly on if you have more specific targets within banking. If you want to work on a TMT or Tech coverage group it might be better to go with a corporate finance internship at a tech company. If you want to work in a FIG or Sponsors group might be best to work at a large financial services firm.

Feb 19, 2019

I think your experience may be more relevant to general IB if you take the corporate finance role, unless you want to work in FIG or Sponsors groups as the above user mentioned. All the names you mentioned are "prestigious" companies to intern for in terms of resume purposes. Hopefully you can get valuation and screening potential opportunities experience in the CF role at the tech companies

"If you ain't first, you're last!" - GOAT

Feb 19, 2019
Comment