I have an interview with M&M coming up this week. I know people will say "you haven't gotten it yet", but let's just say what if. It's as a broker and from what I've found from this site it seems I'll most likely get an offer. My question is, should I decline this offer if I'm talking to a few alumni in certain cities at companies like CBRE, JLL, NKF. I graduated from a top 60 school (undergrad) and have a solid understanding on what each area of brokerage does as well as some modeling. Any advice concerning what to do. I know an offer now is better than the potential for a better one at these other shops, but my thought process is if I deny this and say in 2-3 months I haven't been accepted anywhere I can always apply to a different M&M office in the state or other states. Please let me know what you think and give me advice. My goal is development in a very competitive city (think NYC, LA, Chicago) and I feel M&M in a different city would be hard to transition to those cities, start over because don't have connections, then attend grad school all in around a 5 year span. I think it would be easier looking for analyst/research role and finding a company with better training and transition from where I am into a bigger city in those roles.
Relevant Salary & Bonus Data
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- My boyfriend broke up with me recently after being together for 9 years - first love and all that shtz. His rationale is that I don't bring a lot to the table except being hot and tall, and better aesthetics and tastes for things in life. He is a soon-to-be MBB FO guy and will be making...+26 by agirlwithnoname in OFF
- Hey folks. Spent a lot of time as a ghost on these forums back when I was trying to figure out what I was doing - figured I'd give back a little for anyone who's looking at the renewable energy infra/project finance space, with specific emphasis on the buy side.
###...+22 by ob38dn in PE
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+13 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- If I already signed 2020 SA position, would it be bad to continue recruiting? Wouldn't think about reneging, just curious to see what else I can land. +13 by elontusk in IB
- Is it wise to buy a franchise think subway, Tim Hortons, not McDonald's because of price but a smaller but known chain? I am thinking into the future and want to have an asset that pays me dividends and something I can build and focus on into retirement. Start with one accumulate capital...+12 by JohnGutfreund in IB
- When I mean left wing I don't mean the over the top SJW types or even the pretend left wing democrats (up until Bernie rose to prominence that is)... I'm talking proper, old school left wing. Socialized healthcare, socialized college tuition, socialized trade school tuition, higher...+12 by Leonardo-Cope in OFF
- Per WSJ: https://www.wsj.com/articles/piper-jaffray-nearing-deal-to-buy-sandler-o-neill-for-485-million-11562618214
What are everyone's thought on this? Obviously Sandler is a player in small/mid size banking and brings an end to the Sandler O'Neill name that saw them survive the...+11 by WillHunting in IB
- What do you guys think? Not like it's a real holiday like Christmas or Thanksgiving or anything.
Am I good to blast or will I look like a douchebag?+11 by famejranc in OFF
- Ask me anything
Previous: Non-target, state school MACC CPA 1 year of audit at national firm 1.5 years of valuation, financial modeling, and QofE (TAS) Passed Level 1 CFA
Current: F500 CorpDev analyst
Ask me about: transitioning from audit to...+10 by MedTechMonkey in CF
- #### Pre-MBA Work History:
* I attended a private, Catholic university in the Midwest where the curriculum was focused on asset management and included a student-managed portfolio as part of the university's endowment.
* Alumni through that program helped me land in the analyst...+9 by PE-CFO in CF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jul10Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 7/10-7/128:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Jul15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Jul17WSO Toronto Meetup: Wed July 17th, 7:30pm, Joey Eaton Center7:30 EDT Toronto, ON