For those of you who are accounting majors or accounting/finance and are looking to pursue an internship/1st year at a BIG 4 firm, this is one of the best ways to go if you want to break into IB/PE/in the future.
- Deals: Helping our clients get the best deals done at the appropriate price, negotiating terms with leverage and control, reducing risk and enabling smooth post-deal integration.
* Due diligence
* Merger & acquisition strategy
* Reorganization & bankruptcy services
* Accounting & reporting
- Transaction Advisory Services .
Our 9000 global professionals deliver advice attuned to your specific needs - helping you drive competitive advantage and increased shareholder returns through improved decision-making. Our services include:
* Corporate Development
* Divestiture Advisory Services
* M&A and Capital Debt Advisory
* Operational Transaction Services
* Transaction Real Estate
* Transaction Support
* Transaction Tax
* Valuation & Business Modeling
* Working Capital
- Financial Advisory Services LLP provides assistance to companies faced with opportunities for growth such as a merger or acquisition, or critical challenges such as fraud, litigation or reorganization. Our experienced practitioners have extensive business knowledge and compliance know-how along with access to a global network of industry specialists from Touche Tohmatsu member firms and their affiliates. Our tested team of professionals serves companies throughout the business lifecycle, helping them in their efforts to emerge stronger and smarter. (Business Valuation)
Or consulting - "Strategy" M&A and Restructuring
Whether you're taking a company apart or putting one together, M&A and Restructuring tend to always take place in the glare of the spotlight. These are high-visibility endeavors that come loaded with risk. By adopting approaches that have already been tested, you can expand and accelerate revenue and cost synergies, reduce transaction risk and hang on to key talent even as you make structural, fundamental changes to your business, operating model or capital model.
Our M&A and Restructuring practice has effectively guided some of the world's most high-profile initiatives for companies with little room for error, helping them enable sustainable, structural changes to the business at every critical level. We have developed a time-tested set of tools and playbooks that help you jump-start the process for any company, using the full variety of capabilities required for these types of efforts. That means you can deliver more value faster.
- Transactions & Restructuring (ADVISORY)
The ability to create, enhance, or preserve value is critical in any economy. For many organizations, this means taking advantage of merger or acquisition opportunities, or divesting struggling or non-core assets. Regardless of the type of transaction, one aspect is never negotiable: The deal must fully achieve its expected value.
That is where KPMG LLP's Transaction and Restructuring professionals can help. Our teams bring together deep experience across disciplines and industry sectors. This allows us to understand every aspect of the deal, from accounting issues to operating concerns to managing risk.
We can support you--whether you are on the buy side or sell side--with services that cover the full life cycle of a transaction. These include helping to identify targets, evaluate potential acquisitions, integrate disparate units, develop restructuring plans, provide IPO advice and guidance, and even help you dispose of non-core entities.
Add our ability to work with transaction and restructuring professionals from across KPMG International's global network members and it becomes clear that KPMG is the place to turn for transaction, restructuring, and advice that can help your deal create the value you seek--and avoid unnecessary surprises.
This information can be found on any of the BIG 4's websites but I just wanted to get a take on which specific divisions inside each companies transaction services would be the best to work under to, one day, become a member of IB/PE/HF.
If there are any other routes that accounting backrounds can take to breaking in, please provide your insights.