US vs UK/Europe IB Recruiting
Has anyone gone through both recruiting cycles and know what the major differences are? Below is what I've gathered, and I was wondering if there was any additional information the WSO community may have! Thanks.
UK / Europe vs US Recruiting
- Less emphasis on networking (I'm not exactly sure why, can anyone explain?)
- Timing is a little later and less condensed. Resume drops Sept, Superdays / ACs Oct - Dec, offers out in Dec
- Sometimes getting a masters is necessary for even a
role at a large bank (I saw this at the working at)
- Having previous experience at a boutique is less of a must than the US
- Less emphasis on a specific formatting style (in the US, most people follow the M&I template or something fairly similar, no fancy colors or anything)
Any further insight would be appreciated, thanks!