I am currently doing my MSc in Financial Mathematics at LSE and yesterday started a 1-month part-time internship in Quantifi (risk, analytics, and trading solution provider), at London office. The tasks I have to complete throughout my internship are mostly based on VBA programming and Excel in general. My concern is that I have never written a single line of a VBA code (I am totally a newbie on it). In general, I know little things about programming (I am currently learning C++ as part of my master's degree, but I am quite novice).
- What would you suggest me to do now? Is there any fast as well as effective way to learn VBA and deliver at least some tasks, considering the time constraints (it is a 1-month part-time internship which means I will go 8 full days in total)?
- Also, I am wondering if VBA is essential for someone who wants to become a quant to learn it. I know that programming languages like Pyhton, C++ and Java are must for a quant career, but haven't heard of extensively using VBA.
PS: I never told the recruiters I know VBA programming!
Thank you in advance for your contribution!
Find Your Mentor
- Increase your chance of landing a job by matching with one of our 200+ mentors.
- Our mentors are top employees at the most selective firms.
- Proven process with over 1,100 clients over 10 years.