Hi! I recently started a blog about quitting a job and the after life (people who go out to start their own businesses and leave an industry). The guy who recently quit his job via popping a champagne bottle got me thinking and I've run into several people lately who have quit without having another option. They were just burnt out and desperately needed a change. I have a lot of questions regarding this topic but I'll start with this one. For those of you who have moved on to greener pastures, what was an obstacle that made you second guess leaving? So far I've thought of: the money, the insurance (health), maintaining your quality of life and the thought that you're making a huge mistake...non compete is another thing that's made me second guess leaving a job.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Hello everyone, I am sharing this because Andy and Patrick said it may be useful for some younger users. I legitimately believe that WSO helped me get my career started.
About me: I grew up in the roughest part of town nearby a big city (think Ferguson Missouri, Flatbush Brooklyn,...+157 by johndoe2019 in IB
- Hi Everyone,
I’ve lurked on this site for a long time and it’s been extremely helpful at different points in my career. I’m interested in giving back via an AMA thread as I’ve seen others do over the years.
- Graduated from one of the top liberal arts schools
-...+53 by Classica in PE
- 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000+37 by Gary-Andrews30 in IB
- Hello All,
Is the second housing Armageddon coming in 2019/2020? If you think this, why?
Article from the Jesse Colombo at Forbes - Housing Bubble 2.0: America’s Housing Market Is Up 49% Since 2012
[quote] Since the dark days of the Great Recession in 2009, America has experienced one...+34 by isa2130953 in MKT
- Have a long night ahead and could use a distraction every hour or so
What is your hardest take... on anything. I'm talking hardest take possible. Fire away+32 by anonmises in OFF
- I was recently at a conference and met a former Goldman IB-er who works in PE now. He's originally from Arkansas and was telling me that his parents are exponentially prouder of his big brother, who works in some type of corporate strategy function at Walmart, than they are of him for...+26 by numbermassager in OFF
- I was previously at Barclays (NYC) in investment banking as an analyst and have since transitioned to a middle-market leveraged buyout private equity firm where I've been for several years. I offer detailed resume reviews (have to-date reviewed over 350) and interview coaching for...+25 by WSO Mentor in IB
- I’m working on a mammoth multi-part Google post and WeWork ties in nicely with the overall theme.
*(To be clear, I have no opinion on WeWork as an investment - and I have zero knowledge of real estate - but I saw [this...+23 by CuriousCharacter in RE
- Notre Dame is in flames and it is a very sad thing to see...
How much do these unbelievable and tragic events remind us that our status quo can be shaken up easily? Is any method of pricing risk correct enough? Are we only pretending that we know what we are doing? How fat are the tails of...+22 by indigopixie in OFF
- I believe this has been done here before, but I'm a recently resigned Strategy& employee creating this AMA. I recently posted the below review on Glassdoor which sums up my thoughts, but happy to take questions.
Great potential, tragically horrible execution
1. If...+20 by LamarExConsultant in CO
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr23Podcast: A technical approach to investing in business and yourself -- Leo Polovets -- 4/2312:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Apr23Webinar: Tech Industry Pitchbook Secrets -- 9pm ET, 4/23/199:00 EDT Online
- Apr26WSO SG Meetup: Fri April 26th, 7-9pm, 1864 - The Bar7:00 EDT Singapore
- Apr29For 2 days only, FREE SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app!(All day) Online